Well guys...I just couldn't wait for 2015!

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I like the white lettering on the tires! Challenger is retro enough the white letters really fit it! I think Dodge could have even gotten away with a little less wheel and more sidewall on the tire as it would fit great with the retro look. I just saw a shaker in Philladelphia last week when I was at work. First time I saw one in person, quite nice with the functional scoop through the hood

Hell, they don't even need less wheel. Those wheels wells are huge and that car just screams staggered setup. Put some meaty ass bulging tires back there and I'll drool myself into dehydration.

Dodge freakin' NAILED it with the Challenger. I know they're dogs in the power:weight department, but good God is that a beautiful, well styled car. And amazingly enough, they get better every year. The seats are a little too sedan-y for me, but otherwise would make for a great DD when your other car is a KB-powered stroker monster.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Sellout!!!! lol, j/k...It's looking pretty sweet man!!! Enjoy!!

Ha ha...gotta admit owning a Dodge for the first time was really weird. If I could only have one car it would be a Mustang no doubt.

How will you see with tinted lights?

That one's pretty easy. I rarely if ever drive at night. I went to fill up the tank last week and it did get dark on me. Luckily the car has HID's so it wasn't too bad.

I like the white lettering on the tires! Challenger is retro enough the white letters really fit it! I think Dodge could have even gotten away with a little less wheel and more sidewall on the tire as it would fit great with the retro look. I just saw a shaker in Philladelphia last week when I was at work. First time I saw one in person, quite nice with the functional scoop through the hood

I agree. I wish they made some meaty tall sidewalls for the rear in a 20". With the natural rake of the car that would look pretty mean.

Hell, they don't even need less wheel. Those wheels wells are huge and that car just screams staggered setup. Put some meaty ass bulging tires back there and I'll drool myself into dehydration.

Dodge freakin' NAILED it with the Challenger. I know they're dogs in the power:weight department, but good God is that a beautiful, well styled car. And amazingly enough, they get better every year. The seats are a little too sedan-y for me, but otherwise would make for a great DD when your other car is a KB-powered stroker monster.

Thanks Ryan. Yeah the seats aren't very sexy, but man are they comfortable! I'll probably take it to Cars and Coffee when it warms up so come on out and hang with us again.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. Yeah the seats aren't very sexy, but man are they comfortable! I'll probably take it to Cars and Coffee when it warms up so come on out and hang with us again.

I'll be around for sure. I'm definitely ready for it to warm up. Been taking the Explorer to work all be two days the last two weeks since it's just so grey and ugly outside. Doesn't exactly inspire a cruise.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Man...I'm really torn on whether or not I like the tinted head/fog lights look or not. As far as visual appeal....what do you guys think? Tinted or stock clear??

Opinions appreciated! Thanks.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Man...I'm really torn on whether or not I like the tinted head/fog lights look or not. As far as visual appeal....what do you guys think? Tinted or stock clear??

Looks badass. Leave as is

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I like the stock clear. I think part of the signature look comes from the lights. Especially on a white car, you have a huge advantage of not having to worry about the headlights having a color-blocking effect.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Same here. Been going back and forth with my wife. She wants to smoke the lights out, but I think the need to stay just the way they are.

I could see if the car was black or dark gray, but with a white car, the need to stay as is.

If you do decide to get them done, don't use film. Pull all the fixtures out and take them to a body shop to have them painted. I usually mix a little black paint into some clear coat and spray on layers until I get the tint level dark enough.

Tint and plastic covers look horrible, IMO.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

If we were voting I would place my vote for "Clear".

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for dropping back in guys. Last night I got the heat gun out and removed the tint from the headlight/fog lights. Since the tint was on only a few weeks and not driving it much, luckily it came off real easy with no glue residue.

I agree with most of you that the clear oem headlight/fogs looks better on this car being white. The clear really makes the front end *pop*. I think I liked the tinted look for a couple days. Then, the more I looked at it wherever it was parked it just seemed that the front end kind of disappeared and didn't stand out anymore. The clear lights really draw you in and make the front end stand out. It's funny how the small details like the headlight/fogs play into the overall look. The tinted light look with all the black surrounding trim made the grill and other details disappear. Taking the tint off and going back to clear definitely make the front end pop out at you again. Definitely leaving it stock!

Thanks for being honest guys. It made it easy that I agreed too LOL!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back