Wet ZEX kit ?

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Hi..

when it comes to spray..im a newbie

So my car has JLT 2, SCT XCAL 93 tune, cmcv , underdrive pullies (Roush ) spec clutch stage 2 w/aluminum flywheel and kooks LT headers.

running Zex wet kit... the one that says adjustable from 75-150 shot.. is that safe on my stock motor ? what do I need more with the kit.. For EX: plugs ? anything else ?

Thanks ... and would I be able to beat a gt500 with just a cai and a tune ?

Thanks..

jumpinjoe

Used up has been
Reaction score
Hi..

when it comes to spray..im a newbie

So my car has JLT 2, SCT XCAL 93 tune, cmcv , underdrive pullies (Roush ) spec clutch stage 2 w/aluminum flywheel and kooks LT headers.

running Zex wet kit... the one that says adjustable from 75-150 shot.. is that safe on my stock motor ? what do I need more with the kit.. For EX: plugs ? anything else ?

Thanks ... and would I be able to beat a gt500 with just a cai and a tune ?

Thanks..

Make sure you get a nitrous specific tune and go at least 1 step colder on your plugs.... as for you second question, i dont think so.

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
I would say it's safe to 100hp, always had trouble at 125hp with the A/F going on the lean side.

I'm running 2.5 less timing on Nitrous.
HTO plugs gapped at .35
Bottle warmer.
Pressure gage.

For the GT500 stock I don't think so unless you switch to drag tire and he's still on street tire.
Nitrous on street tire is basically useless.

My two cents.

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
You will give them a run for their money only if you have good tires.

When the nitrous hit in first a low regime around 3000 rpm the amount of torque produced is humongous so on street tire you will only end up spinning really bad.

My best 60' on street tire with 75hp was 2.15 worst than my 60' N/A on street tires of 2.00...

Joe Cook

07 gt
Reaction score
You will give them a run for their money only if you have good tires.

When the nitrous hit in first a low regime around 3000 rpm the amount of torque produced is humongous so on street tire you will only end up spinning really bad.

My best 60' on street tire with 75hp was 2.15 worst than my 60' N/A on street tires of 2.00...

I've only seen 2 gt 500's at the track and both of them only managed to run mid 12's. With your mod's and 100 shot you could give either one of those guy's a run for their money. Anything over a 75 shot you will need a tune and colder plug's. Drag radial's are a MUST.

matt texass

Reaction score
got an nx plate kit with all the trimmings and stuff ( window switch etc.) to make it safe for sale if your interested.

Joe Cook

07 gt
Reaction score
got an nx plate kit with all the trimmings and stuff ( window switch etc.) to make it safe for sale if your interested.

I might be interrested in your kit if he's not. P.M. me with a price and details/pics.

F00Mustang

Goes from a dig
Reaction score
you will also need a fuel system upgrade of some sort to use spray. I opted for a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump to make sure I didn't have a low pressure situation and risk the engine going lean. Also, be sure to invest in a window switch. My zex kit works great, and I've had zero problems with it.

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Very helpful link .. Thanks alot.

I want to know, Now that I have the CMCV delete plate.. do I need to change it for the one that comes with nitrous ?

thanks

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
No you don't the CMCV delete plates for Nitrous only come pre-tapped for a Nitrous direct port kit which is another system altogether.

The wet kit is a single fogger nozzle that plug in the air inlet tube.

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. really helpful.

If anyone would like to say something more just do.. am listening.

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
ok this just came in my mind. How much would it cost to refil the bottle ? of that zex ? and does it need a special type os N20 ? or their all just the same but with diffrent injecting ?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most places its $4.00 per lb, or about $40 every refill.

Here is what I had a couple years ago for a set up:

1) Zex wet kit
2) Bottle heater (this is important because you want your bottle pressure at 950 to 1050--if its only 800 for example, the performance is going to suck)
3) bottle pressure gauge
4) HT0 plugs, stock gap unless you are going above 125 shot
5) run good gas at the track (100-104) and you won't have plug problems
6) window switch (especially if you have a manual) from like 3000-6000 rpm.
7) DRAG RADIALS. without good tires, this system will be useless for you--especially if you go above the 100 shot
8) I used a KB Boost-a-pump when I went to the 125 shot. With the 100 shot, you won't have any problems.
9) Purge kit (not really needed---I had it to get better 60'times). By getting rid of the air out of the lines, the N20 would hit sooner and harder then without the purge kit. Ran the exit through a small hole throght the front grill.

I ran low 12's with the 125, but I had an auto with a stock converter at the time. Some manual guys are going low 12's with the 100 shot. Good luck.

Last edited:

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
40$ is not bad..

about the drag radials.. What do you think will be better ? Nittos NT555r extreme drags or if I got those expensive tires from contenential ( Conti contact 2 ) ?

I went to the dealer once.. I know some people said noisy but when it comes to traction those things do stick really good.. However the price range is diffrent..

I can get two rear nittos with the same price of one tire on contenential.

K

killermach1

I have been doing research lately considering Nitrous, Looking at the NX Plate kit, I asked both Josh at NX and Brenspeed also they both said that below 100 shot the only change that "has" to be made is 2 step colder plugs you dont "need" a nitrous tune until above 100 Bren speed even told me that and they are in the business of tuning. they said you could take away a degree or two of timing if you wanted to but it would work if you didnt. I am still up in the air weather or not to do it.

F00Mustang

Goes from a dig
Reaction score
You don't need a retune if you are stock and adding a 100 shot.
-The reason for this is that by simply changing to 91 or 93 octane, you will compensate for the timing and detonation issues.

You do need a retune if you allready have a CAI and a tune in your car.
- The reason for a retune is that when you do a CAI tune and are allready running 91+ octane your timing is allready more aggressive than stock; that's why the tune calls for 91+ octane. If you don't retune the computer and pull some timing, you can have detonation issues in your motor.

I know Brent is knowledgable, but he may not have understood what your other mods were when you asked him. Trust me, have a tuner pull 4 degrees of timing out of your car. (2 degrees for every 50hp shot, is the accepted rule of thumb) You won't feel the difference on the street, and you will run much safer.

2oo5GT

Atleast get a dyno, then you can make adjustments with your tuner after the first run and you see how the AF is looking. With my 91 tune, with 93 octane, 100 shot of zex, i had to pull about 4 degrees and bump the WOT fuel by 4% to get a 12.7 AF. your NA power will suffer a tad but nothing much, i lost like 3rwhp, but gained 80rwhp from the 100 shot. With the 75 shot, you don't have to mess with nothing, just use 91 or 93 octane. 100 shot or less no fuel upgrade is needed, but with the 100 or more you need HT0's. You will need the bottle warmer and i would get the bottle opener, gauge, blow down tube also. Drag radials will be a must at the track, Mickey Thompsons is the best, stay away from nittos. Very simple and conservative kit, if you want a better kit, the NX is the way to go.
When i was pushing 293rwhp and had 4.30 gears, a friends stock 03 Cobra messed with me. when we took off, him in 3rd, e in 4th, i jumped about 2 car lengths on him and a few seconds later he was catching up and passing me but slowly. With a 75 shot, i would have walked him. a Moded cobra and your 100 shot might be a driver's race. your 100 shot and a GT500 that's stock, might be a drivers race,might be, also due to the Cobra weighing 4000lbs, stock they put down around 430rwhp. It's fun to have but an SC would be the best route for you. After you deal with the bottle temps, either to low or to high(bottle warmer takes awhile to warm it up), it'll become a pain in the butt unless it's for the track only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back