What Clutch??

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
What is the trick clutch for the 197?? I need something to hold 400RWHP and take abuse but not be grabby or super heavy...

What is the preferred brand ?? And please no one mention Centerforce.. I'm so over those fuckers.

Thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:sigh:

search........???

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow.. seriously. Are you purposely going out of your way to see if you can ask every friggin' question that has been asked a thousand times on every friggin' board with a S197 section over the last 4 1/2 years? I appreciate you wanting to join in and all. But damn man, is it easier to ask the same ole shit over again and take the verbal beating than it is to take 30 seconds to click the search button, put in a phrase, and hit enter?

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Exedy is a bad ass clutch.

Holds the power yet allows you to have a soft feeling pedal.

Exedy is what Ford Racing uses in a lot of their racing applications.

The Mach 500 is rated for 500 RWTQ, however, we have pushed it harder than that and it's still breathing. Not to mention, these do not break the bank.

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
Holy Hell people, posts from the past in search are well... posts from the past.

Without asking questions how the hell is someone supposed to pick up info and have new info disseminated?

Maybe there are new Clutches, new members that can have input, new info...

I or R4F can answer ANY question you could think of off the top of our head about a FOX or SN-95 and would be glad to answer them, how ever many times it's been asked.

I have NEVER seen such a bunch of negative members in my life on a Ford board, it's like a bunch of ricers all graduated up to Mustangs and now they have their own little world here.

No wonder the Corral is limited on S197 info... half the owners are all (in person and on forums) and can't last there, I almost think I'm on a Porsche board!

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
BBR, thank you for a helpful response.

Exedy is a bad ass clutch.

Holds the power yet allows you to have a soft feeling pedal.

Exedy is what Ford Racing uses in a lot of their racing applications.

The Mach 500 is rated for 500 RWTQ, however, we have pushed it harder than that and it's still breathing. Not to mention, these do not break the bank.

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have NEVER seen such a bunch of negative members in my life on a Ford board, it's like a bunch of ricers all graduated up to Mustangs and now they have their own little world here.

No wonder the Corral is limited on S197 info... half the owners are all (in person and on forums) and can't last there, I almost think I'm on a Porsche board!

You mean can't last there like people asking the same shit over and over on here don't last? What the fuck, you want to start a what color stripe will look good on my car because that is an original question and really important and no one has ever asked it before I have fucking thread next?
I for one don't remember someone opening the "Corral" and inviting the collective group of fuktards that post there to come over in the first place.
You want your hand held and your butt patted and your ego stroked then go to TMS or mustangforums. They have no problem welcoming the same question 5 times a day. You want to learn, then put forth the silghtest fucking bit of effort to help yourself to do so and hang out here. This is by far the best S197 related forum on the internet. Has the biggest knowledge base, the fastest S197 collection, and the BEST vendors. And we don't mind helping anyone. But we do mind answering the exact same shit over and over and over for people that have put forth absolutely no effort to help themselves.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Alright guys. He's new. He didn't know. I understand, it gets old reading the same threads over and over. But you also have to understand, if someone is new, maybe they don't know how to navigate through the site. Cut him a break and I'm sure he'll learn his way around here.

Lower ET Than u

Lower ET Than you
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trick clutch? WTF do you not search noob? there are tons of threads on this very subject

But I do forget, you are special. The search button is too good for you. Much easier to start a new thread and make tons of people repeat themselves. But hey it increases everyones post count

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Post up a picture of the Exeddy 500.

NewProdMustang.jpg

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mixed reviews but... What works great for me:

RAM steel flywheel
RAM Powergrip HD pres plate
RAM 310 clutch
oem tob

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back