What did you just Pick Up !?!

Discussion in 'The Armory' started by NastyStang113, May 3, 2012.

1. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Sparrow 22 suppressor with Armageddon cover

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Member

A friend turned me on to an acquaintance of his that is leaving the state and had a pile of “gun stuff” he couldn’t move. Picked up over 100lbs of lead ingots, a 50lb bucket of lead from a shooting range bullet trap, well over 500 rounds of M2 ball in Garand clips and Springfield strippers. Pouched in bandoliers. Another 240 rounds of 7.62X51 with the NATO stamp and British markings. There was a bunch of loose stuff and reloads I would never use and several 20 round boxes of 06 ball stamped LC 41. Probably shouldn’t fire that. Practice fodder galore.:biggun:

3. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Put the Omega 300 on the 556 today for the fun of it (will be at least 6 months before the 556 can shows up)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. thailand

thailand forum member

Long time lurker here...always looking for new ideas!
    I would love that Garand stuff...I don't do reloading...yet...but you can't have enough clips and M2 ball!!
    I'm looking to get into precision shooting, for fun. I usually shoot 22LR at distance, but wanted to try something new.
    I picked up a Howa HCR in 6.5 Creedmoor. Its wearing a Vortex for now, until I get something more suited to the caliber. Its a heavy rifle! Pardon the mess in the background, haha! IMAG0267.jpg

AndrewNagle likes this.
  5. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Member

Looks good. That’s not a mess. It’s a work station.

6. thailand

thailand forum member

Thanks! Still getting used to bolt actions. Its a little difficult to lift the bolt handle, since it cocks the hammer, but it should smooth out during break in.

7. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

The 6.5 is the current hotness for long range shooting. I toyed with the idea of picking one up, but unless I'm at a specific range, there isn't anywhere close that I can shoot over 200yds close to me. That one range is about an hour away. I can barely make time to get to my property 30 minutes away to shoot, let alone a pay range an hour away.

I enjoy reloading, but it is a huge time-sink. If you get serious about long range shooting, you'll probably want to get into reloading.

8. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

I contemplates this for awhile and ended up going with .308/7.62
    a buddy of mine ex-82nd airborne said always have NATO caliber so you can get the ammo from your dead enemy

9. thailand

thailand forum member

I absolutely agree. 6.5 is the current caliber of choice. I was more looking at it from a hobby standpoint. I've done some 22lr at medium range and some rangework with the Garand at Camp Perry, but nothing competition-like. More social than anything.

I was thinking of the reloading route...with the Garand. But I try not to go crazy with the variety of calibers I have as to keep my costs under control. Luckily, I have some places to stretch her legs out to a few hundred yards. I know the gun should be capable, I'm sure I need some practice!

10. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Very sound advice. You can probably always pick up any of the NATO calibers. Some of the more exotics will be hard to find in bad times. My 300BO is a prime example. Thankfully I have supplies to reload it.

As has been said before, the time to stock up is not when a crisis arises, but to be prepared for the crisis. In this latest ammo shortage, I was never afraid to shoot or didn't have any. The only thing I did was try and replace what I shot up. Even reloading supplies were scarce (powder and primers especially).

11. Bingo

Bingo Because street car S197 Team Member

Ordered a set of these. Who knows when I'll get them, but I figure what's the point of having a plate carrier with no plates?

12. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Good call...plates are on my list of things I'd like to pick up.

13. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Progress on the range today with a buddy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dark steed likes this.
  14. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

New bench loader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dark steed likes this.
  15. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

1st lesson in 22 suppressor ownership clean the mother fucker right after shooting not 2 weeks later

[​IMG]

30 minutes later

[​IMG]

16. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

Holy doo doo.

17. dascoyne

dascoyne Enormous Member

20200703_082814.jpg

AndrewNagle likes this.
  18. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Finally finished shooting platform #1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dascoyne, bujeezus and MrAwesome987 like this.
  19. WNYGT5-0

WNYGT5-0 Member

FA9C19CA-8DD8-4617-926D-D9FDAB5E06D2.jpeg

20. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

That a 10-22 variant ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.