What fuse type for passenger compartment?

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I don’t have my car with me (in the body shop unfortunately) so I can’t check what type fuses it uses in the passenger compartment fuse box. I couldn’t find an answer searching here either. I want to add some “add-a-fuse” adapters to wire a dash cam when I get my car back and don’t know which ones to buy.

I’m pretty sure it does not use the ATO size. I think it uses “Mini” fuses and not the “Micro” sized ones. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I don’t have my car with me (in the body shop unfortunately) so I can’t check what type fuses it uses in the passenger compartment fuse box. I couldn’t find an answer searching here either. I want to add some “add-a-fuse” adapters to wire a dash cam when I get my car back and don’t know which ones to buy.

I’m pretty sure it does not use the ATO size. I think it uses “Mini” fuses and not the “Micro” sized ones. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

The mini fuse size. I'm currently using a mini add-a-fuse in fuse #10 slot (batt 12v hot at all times...powers the HVAC climate control) in SJB to power my front chin spoiler's "curb alert" control\ IR sensor off a 5A mini fuse installed along w\ the 10A mini fuse for the HVAC system in the add-a-fuse connector set in SJB #10 fuse slot so that neither fuse interferes with the other 1 if for some reason 1 actually blows.

Been in operation since 2018 w\o issue...................

Hope this helps.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! Very helpful response. Does the fuse panel lid fit back on properly with the Add-a-circuit fuse in place? Thanks again!

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Thanks! Very helpful response. Does the fuse panel lid fit back on properly with the Add-a-circuit fuse in place? Thanks again!

Yes, after I cut a small slot in bottom lip section of SBJ where the lid snaps back over the lower lip for the wire to protrude thru it w\o interference of SJB fuse cover pinching it when snapping back on.

I cut it in the bottom section of SJB for obvious reasoning to prevent making an easier path for any potential water intrusion to enter the SBJ on the fuse side.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back