What have you done to your mustang today?

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by *JZ*, Mar 18, 2011.

1. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

CoverCraft sunshade

Expensive but made in the USA and a perfect fit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bujeezus, dark steed and ShelbySteve like this.
  2. ShelbySteve

ShelbySteve Member

Still can’t make up my mind if I wanted the clear or black turn signals and yours may have made up my mind lol. You have amber bulbs?

3. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Yes amber bulbs, glad to have helped out

ShelbySteve likes this.
  4. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

Finished up my manual swap a few days ago and I’ve put about 50 miles on it now and I’m loving banging gears! Should have done this a long time ago! With the help of a few write ups on here and other sites (Anthony05Gt and Retro06GT) it went pretty smooth! Just myself and doing it on jack stands in my garage made it interesting at times but I got it done!
    Ended up using the manual PCM and wire harness and I was able to send my PCM into Whipple and they flashed a tune on it and all was well! I originally thought the tune was going to be major hurdle since I’m in CA and have the Whipple supercharger on it and I couldn’t find anything online that matched my situation and even the guys at Whipple had limited experience doing this but a few emails and a couple phone calls it was all good.
    Can’t wait to get this clutch broken in so I can rip on her!
    Thanks to @Racer47 for the great deal on the transmission and internet buying experience! Truly a great guy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Rich

Rich Member

You got enough Monster and Mt. Dew to do 3 transmission swaps!

6. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

need that high octane

crjackson likes this.
  7. zoomerman46

zoomerman46 forum member

If you go with the clear lenses use the Stealth Bulbs. Silver coated but when turned on they glow Yellow. I have had both on my 05 GT for at least 12 years. Can get them on Amazon

ShelbySteve likes this.
  8. ShelbySteve

ShelbySteve Member

I was wanting to get the switchback led’s. I like the black housing lenses but they have the orange reflector in them for DOT purposes I’m assuming.

9. GreenTerror

GreenTerror forum member

Were you able to keep cruise control? I've never seen a manual swap that was able to keep cruise control working.

10. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

Not sure but guessing I don’t... But I haven’t had cruise control since I installed the Whipple supercharger, something in the Whipple tune made it to where there was no boost with cruise set and I would have to cycle the key to get boost back. I did install all the switches and wiring at the clutch pedal so it might work now... I’ll report back if it does work.

GreenTerror likes this.
  11. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

Replaced the broken shifter cable and cht sensor. Cleared all the codes and took it out, its back to running the way it used to. The Circle D 6F converter is a blast light to light lol.

nyuk98GT likes this.
  12. Rich

Rich Member

Trans fluid and filter change, just to keep it fresh.

13. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

Installed the DOB Frankentensioner set up, so far so good! Not the prettiest setup but hopefully it helps snapping belts!

14. WJBertrand

WJBertrand forum member

Oil and filter change, tire rotation and I sprayed all the rusty looking bits under the car with Rust Reformer. Gives mat black appearance and stops/converts rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15. Anti

Anti forum member

Cams, valve springs, valve stem seals, lifters, followers, comp cams lockouts, oil, and tune change! lol

Now to work with Lito to iron out the bugs.

Oh, and ignore the tips.. Just got done replacing the rear end and have not tidied up yet.. I hate them poking out too..

16. Silver'nStripes

Silver'nStripes Member

That sounds sweet! Always nice to see somebody go to the bottom of the page to spec cams!

Anti likes this.
  17. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

Just in case you needed some more convincing. And I use stealth bulbs to prevent that egg yolk look you can get with clear turn signals and yellow bulbs. They are chrome on the outside but light up amber.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ShelbySteve likes this.
  18. Anti

Anti forum member

Thanks, Yea, I am not about that autozone fender sticker life. (Looking at you AM) Lol If you are going to do it, do it right.

19. Rich

Rich Member

MMD Chin Spoiler and Retro Styled Headlights. Convertible top painted black because I prefer it over tan. I question Ford's color choices sometimes.

20210113_192959.jpg

20210113_193023.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    ShelbySteve, cavero and jlmotox like this.
  20. WJBertrand

WJBertrand forum member

That's my plan actually. I never really liked the flat surface of the CF panel instead of the concave curve of the OEM panel. After using up all my patience trying to wrap the OEM one myself, I've booked an appointment at a wrap shop tomorrow. Major respect for those guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.