What have you done to your mustang today?

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by *JZ*, Mar 18, 2011.

1. DieHarder

DieHarder Senior Member

If what you've done doesn't fix your issue you might want to take the tires in and have them spun again. Check for uneven tires/rims. I just had to return two tires that were bad and get a new set. If the tires/rims are uneven/out-of-round no amount of balancing will make them ride well. It happens. Discount tire has a Road Force system that'll tell if the tires are too uneven or not (no, I don't work for them).

Forty61 likes this.
  2. Tman

Tman forum member

[​IMG]
    My son picked up a cheap 06 GT. To say it needs some rear end work as an understatement. Looks like they lost a pinion bearing and then it all went downhill from there. Pretty heavily ground out pig casing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. oldVOR

oldVOR forum member

I bet it made "a little bit of noise" before it even got to that point.

Tman and Gabe like this.
  4. XJCasper

XJCasper forum member

Recently did UPR hood pins and the Hurst short shifter.

Now trying to figure out my UPR catch can. Not fitting where it's supposed to go. Wondering if I got a wrong wrong mount bracket. Sucks I ordered this thing years ago. Will go back to UPR to ask questions. Ugh

5. Mach2burnout

Mach2burnout 05 Redfire GT

Are you going to rebuild?

I have a 3:55 R&P that only has about 10k miles on it. I took it out of my 05 and packed it away. You’ll need a bearing kit.

6. Tman

Tman forum member

Trying to buy a takeout rear axle assembly. Supposedly have one being shipped here locally today. Went to buy two separate axles nearby both of them turned out to be 7.5s not eight. 8.8.

7. XJCasper

XJCasper forum member

Collecting parts. Need my weekend to be here.

8. Forty61

Forty61 forum member

Got my tie rods swapped out so while it was inside I cleaned the interior properly for a change.. still cleans up decent!

D37A6305-86C4-42AF-837F-A2BE332FC546.jpeg

Tman and XJCasper like this.
  9. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt forum member

Partial debadge today. Removed all the GTCS decals. Looks so much cleaner and sleeker.

Forty61 likes this.
  10. Forty61

Forty61 forum member

I’ve tossed around doing the same thing..

11. oldVOR

oldVOR forum member

Any ghosting evident in the paint when you removed the decals after all these years?

12. 8sec_lx

8sec_lx Junior Member

Cleaned and covered it.

13. Joe combs

Joe combs Member

Engine and trans swap, putting it back to the three pedal setup it left Ford as...Long tube headers and cat pipe, charge motion delete and underdrive pulleys, and powdercoated valve covers all going in during this install

987F2B7C-1C23-401B-907A-C5E00C2269F7.jpeg

AB3DA399-6FCC-4ECD-93A1-8385C75605D1.jpeg

9C4E05D8-F079-4BBA-8A55-B5A15EF4B86F.jpeg

jewc75, MrBhp, mpm_1 and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.