What have you done to your mustang today?

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by *JZ*, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Thanks guys. It was a battle and I'm happy to say I won :)

The only thing that would've made it look better is if I used Tesa tape instead of electrical tape to do the wrapping, but the Tesa tape roll is a good bit larger than the small roll of electrical tape I used, especially in the tight area in-between the shock tower and the engine.
    Oh well, it is what it is.

crjackson and EBABlacknChrome like this.
  2. white95

white95 boost or bust

Fed it some fuel and had a coworker tell me his stock 17 GT would roast my car. He is in for a rude awakening :-D

99687BEB-3E92-4DEE-AA82-4BF5E5CD2A2C.jpeg

1DB6B49F-EE4E-4607-973F-88785D787AA3.jpeg

Horsn_Around and MrBhp like this.
  3. Joe combs

Joe combs Member

I took it out for a drive and beat on it some...

white95 likes this.
  4. Shotokan1509

Shotokan1509 forum member

Long overdue stockpile, . BMR K-member, gt500 control arms, Koni sport struts, Maximum motorsports caster/camber plates, Shelby bumpsteer kit, replaced cut rear bumpstops with frpp's. All handles better but do feel more vibrations at low speed and particular the starter from the motormounts. Plan to add A-arm brace (had CHE k-member brace with tq limiters, can be made to fit but probably just sell it), and considering rad support and brace. Rear is already Watts link, LCA, LCA bracket, adj UCA, sway bar with billet links, and K-springs & Koni sport shocks. Front already had K springs, swaybar with billet mounts and strano links, traded out Tokico d-specs.

image0(7).jpeg

image1(3).jpeg

5. white95

white95 boost or bust

I’ll take one of each

6. Mach2burnout

Mach2burnout 05 Redfire GT

So what was the outcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. white95

white95 boost or bust

Pending but boost weather is near ;)

8. Mach2burnout

Mach2burnout 05 Redfire GT

I purchased another Mustang!

The jury is out on if it was a mistake or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabe likes this.
  9. AztroRover

AztroRover Junior Member

Awesome day, finally leveled out my Mustang, it's had the high tail look, three fingers from the tire to the fender up front, but a full closed fist between the tire and the fender on the back before. Now 3 fingers space all the way around! How? Roush blue springs (1/2 drop), KYB shocks, added the Shelby rear shock bar, and added the OEM Ford rear sway bar, as mine didn't come with one, despite being it having the Pony Package, Cross drilled discs on all fours. It's a weekend cruiser first and foremost, but I get spirited on winding roads to Julian for pie!

10. Andrey Sidorov

Andrey Sidorov Member

Took the valve cover of for notorious light tapping at idle, thought no biggie probably a roller follower, found out nothing, absolutely nothing wrong, no groves, discoloration, no play in followers or exhaust valves, no play in cam phaser etc. Inside the valve cover looks like you can eat from it. Probably the stupid retainer in camshaft is at play a bit, which is annoying, but not dangerous at all. Will put it back together and probably will swap the phaser out after American Muscle
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.