What have you done to your mustang today?

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
As of Monday, there's a new sound in my neighborhood...........................

Tuning process is now in progress...............
Love the sound of the hot rods. Have them in mine with borla ATAK’s and idle set at about 850

GlassTop09

Reaction score
As of Monday, there's a new sound in my neighborhood...........................

Tuning process is now in progress...............
FYI.............................

As of this evening she's fully tuned. Final idle speed is now set at 800 RPM (TQ Management controlled the engine w\ these Hot Rod cams much better when set at 800 RPM vs 750 RPM........engine under full HVAC load will now take off easily in 1st gear w\o any APP input just as it did running the Lunati's on the same steep grade hill incline sections I use in all my drive cycle\datalog runs thus good A\B testing).

A little tweaking in the right places can go a long way...............................

Here's the exhaust note cadence at 800 RPM........................

Love the sound of the hot rods. Have them in mine with borla ATAK’s and idle set at about 850
Mine are barking thru a full Pypes Super Bomb Mid Muffler catback exhaust w\ 4" x 14" chrome resonator tips. I almost went w\ a Borla Stinger setup myself until I saw this Pypes setup............reminded me of all the 30" glasspacks w\ 4" x 14" stove pipe chrome tipped exhaust I ran back in my younger E\Tex years on both my cars & truck................was too sentimental to pass it up.

Been great ever since.

yote0

Reaction score
Very nice.

Does that fan resistor differ from the stock one in any way other than just having an extra ground?

rocknrod

Reaction score
Very nice.
Does that fan resistor differ from the stock one in any way other than just having an extra ground?
I guess it would depend on what year your is, it does have heavier wiring. Mine was the old style resistor that looked like an old ceramic coil.
But I did some assembling while I was at it. :)
20240620_133041.jpg

Miker

Reaction score
UPR Ford Mustang Short Radio Antenna 14" Black Billet Under 15$. I didn't want to cut the stock one.

antenna.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Drove it to work, got gas on the way home, got 12.4 mpg over the last tank which included the dyno runs and a bunch of spirited driving

20240621_131453.jpg

Yesterday, drove the wife's car since I needed to take it in for the state inspection.

20240620_132657.jpg

MrBhp

Reaction score
Now you know I'm not old enough yet to be playing w\ grown men's toys...........................
:)
Argh. I'm too old to play with young men's toys. But.....I can still cut a good light. I've started leaving on the first amber. Lol.

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
Got my hash marks installed today…now just to quit being lazy and retrofit my headlights. No idea why it keeps rotating my photo either lol
IMG_6829.jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back