What touch screen 7 " for a 2006 Mustang GT

Discussion in 'Tunes!' started by louis, Oct 8, 2018.

1. louis

louis Junior Member

Hi,
    I am planing to change the shaker 500 to a 7 inch touch screen on my 2006 Mustang GT.
    What do you suggest as touch screen ?
    Thanks

2. cavero

cavero forum member

Something FAST. Nothing's more distracting than a unresponsive touch screen. If you can, go to a best buy or catr studio store and bring a USB cable for your phone or a thumb drive crammed full of songs. See if the stereo can handle it. My 4 yr old unit lags pretty bad with a lot of music on it.

Other than that, try to find something with a volume knob because using volume buttons without steering wheel controls sucks.

EBABlacknChrome likes this.
  3. Windstang

Windstang Junior Member

I replaced my Shaker with the OEM touch unit from a 2008 Ford I got from Fleabay a few years ago for about $200. The connectors make it plug and play and I like the Ford splash logo. However this unit has a few issues because it needs to be programmed to the VIN which I won't do just yet because I have to send it away to get programmed. There is a volume knob and the above poster is right about that. It sounds decent enough and I like the touch screen as a display. Things that don't work right now are:
    1) no Aux input; 2) no night time dimming with lights on; 3) Speedo not connected so GPS is off a bit until the antenna takes over and therefore no Speed sensitive volume. 4) No BT link to my phone and this unit needs a DVD for it's nav info and the phone/google is a better way to use a nav system. I didn't like the aftermarket heads. Probably more functional than mine though.
    Overall it suits my needs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.