What touch screen 7 " for a 2006 Mustang GT

louis

Reaction score
Hi,
I am planing to change the shaker 500 to a 7 inch touch screen on my 2006 Mustang GT.
What do you suggest as touch screen ?
Thanks

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Something FAST. Nothing's more distracting than a unresponsive touch screen. If you can, go to a best buy or catr studio store and bring a USB cable for your phone or a thumb drive crammed full of songs. See if the stereo can handle it. My 4 yr old unit lags pretty bad with a lot of music on it.

Other than that, try to find something with a volume knob because using volume buttons without steering wheel controls sucks.

Windstang

Reaction score
I replaced my Shaker with the OEM touch unit from a 2008 Ford I got from Fleabay a few years ago for about $200. The connectors make it plug and play and I like the Ford splash logo. However this unit has a few issues because it needs to be programmed to the VIN which I won't do just yet because I have to send it away to get programmed. There is a volume knob and the above poster is right about that. It sounds decent enough and I like the touch screen as a display. Things that don't work right now are:
1) no Aux input; 2) no night time dimming with lights on; 3) Speedo not connected so GPS is off a bit until the antenna takes over and therefore no Speed sensitive volume. 4) No BT link to my phone and this unit needs a DVD for it's nav info and the phone/google is a better way to use a nav system. I didn't like the aftermarket heads. Probably more functional than mine though.
Overall it suits my needs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back