which sways for a vert and where

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
I've gone through a few pages of search results...

I'm trying to decide which sway bars to go with and whether I need after market end links, like the ones that come with the frpp kit? I will be doing a road coarse this year, drag strip, and auto-X.

Here' a vert kit at frpp, from what I've read, the vert rear bar has a bend to work with rear vert bracing.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9984

I have a convertible, so it will need to be a vert specific kit.

current suspension mods:
FRPP K springs
CHE brace with tq limiters - waiting install
LCAs with brackets, ordered.
rollbar ordered.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
talk to sam strano, he has adjustable bars for almost the same price as the FRPP kit but are fully adjustable. the rear of the FRPP is non adjustable and the FRPP(eibach) endlinks are crap.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Keep mind that Sam's rear bar will not work with with the vert braces, but he does carry a couple other brands that will. Although not adjustable, the Saleen bar I installed made a huge difference with keeping the rear stable in spirited turns.

What rollbar did you order?? And where you at in IL as I am just east of Lake Geneva?

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Keep mind that Sam's rear bar will not work with with the vert braces, but he does carry a couple other brands that will. Although not adjustable, the Saleen bar I installed made a huge difference with keeping the rear stable in spirited turns.

What rollbar did you order?? And where you at in IL as I am just east of Lake Geneva?

thanks for looking out :). I did ask him if he has vert sets as thats my biggest issue. Below is what I went with. I almost went with a custom Chromoly setup, but it was weld only and a few 100s more. I think a bolt in will be easier to remove if i ever sell, though probably not as sturdy.
Speed inc will be doing the install.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=tech_roll_bars_rb_photos6

I'm in the Elmwood park/river grove area.

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
soooo, I am screwed in two ways. 1- I have a vert, and 2- I will be running LCA brackets. Apparently LCA brackets cause fitment issues with adjustable rear bars..

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have bmr lca relocation brackets and a gt500 rear sway bar on my vert with no issues. I did remove the crappy stock subframes and am going to be putting in some umi subframes. Also have a techco watts link.

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
I have bmr lca relocation brackets and a gt500 rear sway bar on my vert with no issues. I did remove the crappy stock subframes and am going to be putting in some umi subframes. Also have a techco watts link.

thank you, I will have to consider this if I cant find a rear bar that will work...

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
soooo, I am screwed in two ways. 1- I have a vert, and 2- I will be running LCA brackets. Apparently LCA brackets cause fitment issues with adjustable rear bars..

Ahh, neither is a problem. I've got bars that'll work for you. :)

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
Just a question how much time have you spent on a road course in THIS car? I drove mine against porsches and bmws for 2 years and kept up only mods were prokit springs and upgraded lines in pads in the brakes. Take some time with your car and learn the way it moves around on the track first

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
When i had the Vert i used Steeda's Comp rear sway bar, it comes with the custom billet mounts so it clears the supports, i cant remember if it was adj but i used it for two handfulls of autox events with good results.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I can't give away all that information online..... That's what separates me from Joe Bob making commission at some super-store. :)

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Just call me, that's *WAY* better, I can't be detailed by e-mail, and frankly don't want to be... folks take what they see in print and run with it all the time. Pertinent issues get lost in translation.

814-849-3450

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously, just call me, this is what I do...... Not all bars mount to the axle the same way! :) And fwiw, I do have a few folks running my adjustable bar (though it's a non-issue on convertibles anyway) with LCA brackets, but it's not as easy a bolt on as not having brackets or with a non-adjustable bar.

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Seriously, just call me, this is what I do...... Not all bars mount to the axle the same way! :) And fwiw, I do have a few folks running my adjustable bar (though it's a non-issue on convertibles anyway) with LCA brackets, but it's not as easy a bolt on as not having brackets or with a non-adjustable bar.

I ended up going with Hellwig as I've been pm'ing with RDK since last week, but if the rear doesnt fit then I will be calling you.

http://www.shop.rdkperformance.com/...ars-convertible-Hellwig-05-10-Convertible.htm

DRock

Reaction score
Thats shits gonna be heavy on the rear being solid lol

Shoulda called Sam. There is a reason he is the best around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back