Whipple 4.0L Dyno Results on the Lethal Performance 2010 GT500

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Today was the day all of our hard work finally paid off. Our Black w/Grabber Blue striped GT500 with it's built motor and huge 4.0L Whipple supercharger made it to the dyno.

YouTube- First 4.0L Whipple w/Super Cobra Jet Crusher Inlet ever on a GT500. Lethal Performance's 2010 GT500

YouTube- Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 with a 4.0L Whipple Supercharger!!

YouTube- Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 Dyno Testing

We want to give special thanks to Jake@ Power By the Hour for building the car, Dustin and Art Whipple for hooking it up with the massive 4.0L supercharger setup, Al Papitto (who you can see eating a sub in this video...LOL) for building our sick aluminum longblock, Jon Lund who's our exclusive tuner, all of our awesome vendors and manufacturers who contributed parts to our build and especially our boys at UPR for the use of their dyno, and standing by us the entire way. Jeremy, Joe and Mark you guys have been awesome.

Many have been following our build from the beginning. Which started out as a brand new bone stock 2010 Black w/Grabber Blue striped GT500 has now turned into a monster. It was the same UPR Mustang Dyno which we were only only a short while ago pumping out 421rwhp stock and 486rwhp with a custom tune and offroad x-pipe. After that we took the plunge and decided to bang out everything all at once. We were especially excited as our 2010 GT500 is the first production GT500 ever to have a 4.0L Whipple on it as well as the first production GT500 to use the same crusher inlet which comes standard on the 2010 Super Cobra Jet.

The results were 779rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. If you're not familiar with a Mustang Dyno they typically read 10-13% lower than a standard dynojet. That's because the Mustang Dyno actually calculates the weight of the car and loads the dyno to simulate real world conditions. We were using C16 fuel and saw a peak boost at 21.5psi. No real cooldowns. Air temps today were in the low 70's with humidity around 72%.The car was using an Innovators West 10% overdrive pulley and a 4.0" upper pulley on the supercharger. That's the largest pulley that Whipple offers meaning we've got a lot more room to go. Wait till we throw on the 3.5" pulley!! For now we're going to tidy up a few things and hopefully make our way to the track next week.

Be sure to keep your eyes open as you'll see a lot more details about the build and the parts that we're using in up and coming issues of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords compliments of Mr. Steve Turner. Thanks Steve!!

Here's what our build consists of:
We decided to pull the stock 2010 GT500 motor and replace it with an all aluminum built race motor by Al Papitto. From custom cams and pistons to billet I-beam rods this motor was built to make some serious power. It didn't stop there as there was extensive head work done by Chris @ Champion Racing Heads. We topped the motor off with the massive 4.0L Whipple supercharger with the custom Super Cobra Jet Crusher inlet and Whipple's Monoblade throttle body and CAI with 123mm MAF. 80lb Injectors and a Triple Walbro return style system featuring Fore Precision Works fuel hat, fuel rails , Aermotive Pro-Series regulator and filter supplies all the fuel we need at the moment.

Exhaust setup consists of American Racing 1-7/8" Longtube Headers (Thanks Nick) with a 3" Offroad X-pipe and the 3" Magnaflow catback with Magnapack Mufflers. We modified where the x-pipe meets the catback to make it 3" all the way. There's no step down to 2.5" anywhere in the system.

The cooling system consists of the Revan Racing/C&R Dual Pass Heat Exchanger with Dual Puller Fans, Lethal Performance Intercooler Pump Upgrade kit featuring a 55gpm waterpump, Reische Performance 170deg thermostat and a Moroso Intercooler Reservoir.

The drivetrain consists of the stock TR6060 transmission, Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch kit, Mcleod Steel flywheel, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and a DSS 3.5" aluminum driveshaft.

Our front suspension consists of a BMR Fabrication lowered K-member, BMR adjustable A-Arms, BMR K-member support brace, QA1 Adjustable struts and a QA1 front coil over kit.

Our rear suspension consists of Steeda Upper and Lower control arms with Upper mount and lower relocation brackets, Steeda Panhard Rod and Brace, Steeda Torque box brace, QA1 adjustable shocks and Eibach sportline rear springs.

Dress Up items include Project 321 Engine Bay Cap Set, Project 321 Billet Coil Covers, Moroso Coolant Tanks, Lethal Performance Hydro Carbon radiator shroud, fuse box cover and hood vent.

Wheel and Tire Setups Include:
STREET-True Forged custom 3 piece Chrome Sebrings 20x9" F 20x10.5" R.
STREET- Stock GT500 19" Rims and Tires
RACE- Bogart GT Series 17x5" F 15x10" R with Mickey Thompson 28x15" Slicks and Hoosier front runners

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Damn...that's one hell of a build. Car sounds siiicccckkkkkk :)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome. 779 with a 4.0 pulley. I wonder what its going to do with the 3.5. If its 21 psi with the 4.0, how much boost do you think the 3.5 pulley will generate? Just curious.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Damn...that's one hell of a build. Car sounds siiicccckkkkkk :)

Thanks a bunch.

Thats awesome. 779 with a 4.0 pulley. I wonder what its going to do with the 3.5. If its 21 psi with the 4.0, how much boost do you think the 3.5 pulley will generate? Just curious.

Thanks. Keep in mind this is a loaded Mustang Dyno as well. Dynojet numbers would be significantly higher.

1/8"=1lb of boost..so i am thinking 4 lbs of boost

I believe that's correct. I'll confirm once we put the 3.5" on.

Jared

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Take an even trade for a 07 GT with a whipple?? LOL

Awesome car and numbers!

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
It's cool and all but I think the only bragging rights that blower brings in is the size of the blower its self. I am not impressed with the numbers this blower has with that much boost not to mention any of the supporting mods... Once again, KenneBell FTW.

By the way, I'm not trying to be rude at all with not being impressed, I LOVE the built, just not impressed with the 4.0L Whipple...

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's cool and all but I think the only bragging rights that blower brings in is the size of the blower its self. I am not impressed with the numbers this blower has with that much boost not to mention any of the supporting mods... Once again, KenneBell FTW.

By the way, I'm not trying to be rude at all with not being impressed, I LOVE the built, just not impressed with the 4.0L Whipple...

I'd have to agree. KB is coming out with a 3.5 and Im more interested in seeing this. Supposed to put out 90 more rwhp at the same boost as the 2.8

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score

First off you must not have read that this was done on a Mustang Dyno. Are you aware of the difference between a Mustang Dyno and Dynojet and that they produce different numbers?

Second,
A dyno is for tuning purposes only and dyno numbers are just that. I could care less if it said we made 600rwhp. The truth will come out when we take the car to the track. MPH and ET is what shows the true power of a car.

Just like the 2010 Cobrajet is rated at 450hp but traps over 152mph. We can get all caught up with 450hp but that's not the number that matters is it?

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
First off you must not have read that this was done on a Mustang Dyno. Are you aware of the difference between a Mustang Dyno and Dynojet and that they produce different numbers?

Second,
A dyno is for tuning purposes only and dyno numbers are just that. I could care less if it said we made 600rwhp. The truth will come out when we take the car to the track. MPH and ET is what shows the true power of a car.

Just like the 2010 Cobrajet is rated at 450hp but traps over 152mph. We can get all caught up with 450hp but that's not the number that matters is it?

What my point was is that the 2.8L KB is much more efficient. I don't see the point in getting a 4.0L Whipple. Not impressed with the blower at all and like I said I love the build, just wouldn't have gone with the whipple if I knew it would take over 20 psi to make 779, or about 850 on a dynojet.

So anyways, no, nnumbers don't matter, but the efficiency of the 2.8 KB over the 4.0 Whipple is a huge difference

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
What my point was is that the 2.8L KB is much more efficient. I don't see the point in getting a 4.0L Whipple. Not impressed with the blower at all and like I said I love the build, just wouldn't have gone with the whipple if I knew it would take over 20 psi to make 779, or about 850 on a dynojet.

So anyways, no, nnumbers don't matter, but the efficiency of the 2.8 KB over the 4.0 Whipple is a huge difference

Please enlighten us with all of the factual data you have to support your opinion on efficiency between the 2.8L and 4.0L. We'll take it from there.

Last edited:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Second,

^^Ding!! Tell him what he's won Johnny!! Very well put. That might be new sig material right there...

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh shit here we go again my KB is better than your Whipple contest. lol That is getting old. Get it to the track and let the numbers talk. Congrats nice build!!

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Please enlighten us with all of the factual data you have to support your opinion on efficiency between the 2.8L and 4.0L. We'll take it from there.

There are plenty of GT500's making the same power (maybe more) than what yours is at the same or lower boost numbers, not to mention on stock blocks. That's all my point was, don't get your panties in a wad. I know power numbers don't mean shit, but then why get the biggest blower, just to say you have the biggest blower, if it is not worth it?

I will reiterate it again, I love your guys build so don't think I am knocking on your work or anything, but I think the 4.0 whipple is junk, I am not impressed with it at all. 21.5 PSI with C16 fuel and making 779? My old neighbors GT500 is making somewhere around that on pump gas at lower boost.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back