WTB: Dummy Airbag restores things from 2005-2006 Front Seats

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Looking for the little 2ohm resistor plugs that were in place in early model S197s to trick the SRS airbag system into bypassing that loop in the system. It's a little yellow plug.

Replacing my seats with racing seats and mine would have the seat bags, just need the little piece to plug in and bypass.

Or even the part number. I know Ford has some big tech probe thats like 6 inches long for testing, would prefer the factory dummy plug from the earlier cars.

Thanks!

A982E2A4-1BD5-4AF2-A1CF-04DF6E0944FC_zpsdhtxogi2.jpg

1cda81af-dd99-47c6-8ed6-4e89a1c26d18_zps60c3d9a2.jpg

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding the original plugs. The one you can buy now all seem to register 7 ohms or so, so I am cutting two open and will replace with 2.2 ohm resistors I bought on Amazon...

sent from my cell phone...

G.T

Reaction score
i just ran a VIN of a 2007 Mustang without side impact airbags, and they come equipped with the delete resistor plug PN XF2Z-14B022-AA
We did it once without the resistors by using the as-built data from the RCM of a similar model

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Good luck finding the original plugs. The one you can buy now all seem to register 7 ohms or so, so I am cutting two open and will replace with 2.2 ohm resistors I bought on Amazon...

sent from my cell phone...

Ugh yeah IDK why they're 7ohms, not even sure what vehicle thats from.

i just ran a VIN of a 2007 Mustang without side impact airbags, and they come equipped with the delete resistor plug PN XF2Z-14B022-AA
We did it once without the resistors by using the as-built data from the RCM of a similar model

Ahh perfect. Found the part from Tasca, will probably order it and fingers crossed it reads at the proper 2ohm. Otherwise I can just cut it open.

Thanks!

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The resistors? I think they should, it's the later years that required the increased ohms...

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I believe the 7 ohms are from the sn95. I bought them, cut open the back and put my own 2.2 as well. Or you can just but the 2.2 resistors and shove them in there and wrap it up with electrical tape.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe the 7 ohms are from the sn95. I bought them, cut open the back and put my own 2.2 as well. Or you can just but the 2.2 resistors and shove them in there and wrap it up with electrical tape.

Mmmmm, possibly, but all resistors purchased today from Ford dealers have been 7 ohms (I've bought 6 in the last few months). I'm cutting them out and inserting 2.2s this weekend and will try it...

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
longshot but searching didnt help. want to delete my passenger airbag to mount my sjb behind the cover but want the light off. will a 2.2 ohm installed in the plug of the passenger dash airbag keep my srs happy and still functional on driverside or what size resistor is needed ?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
longshot but searching didnt help. want to delete my passenger airbag to mount my sjb behind the cover but want the light off. will a 2.2 ohm installed in the plug of the passenger dash airbag keep my srs happy and still functional on driverside or what size resistor is needed ?

Dash airbag I'm not sure about, but the passenger SEAT is 2.2Ohm. I soldering in 2.2's when I deactivated both seats in place of the 7's the deletes come with.

The dash bag could operate on a different resistance, I would try a 2.2 and see. Be VERY careful trying to Ohm out the bag itself, as multimeters push current and measure corresponding voltage, in a sense charging the bag.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back