Deposit on a 2013 GT500

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well this morning I put down a deposit on a 2013 GT500. Orders will probably go out March 1. At least I will get it at MSRP and not some inflated price. After 3 years of screwing with the 05 and only putting about 3,000 miles on it because of issue after issue, I figured 650 HP and just turn the key & drive anywhere I want would be the way to go.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Is your dealer even sure they're getting one? Did they give you an estimate on pricing?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Is your dealer even sure they're getting one? Did they give you an estimate on pricing?

I would imagine he ordered one if the dealer didn't have one coming in.

Congrats man! I am SO jealous! I can't afford one with a daughter in college and a son heading that way next year.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Congrats man! I am SO jealous! I can't afford one with a daughter in college and a son heading that way next year.

pppf, tell them its time to take a college loan out. I'm paying for my own college. I graudted like a year ago, but I'm still paying!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No way that thing is even thinking about hitting the assembly line for March 1st. We still cant even price them out!! I wouldnt be surprised if you dont see it until June..Grats, and not trying to be debbie downer here, but if they told you that it will get built on March 1st, they just lied to you..

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
pppf, tell them its time to take a college loan out. I'm paying for my own college. I graudted like a year ago, but I'm still paying!

With your use of "its" instead of "it's", and incorrectly spelling "graduated", I'd look for a discount. :dunce:

Just fucking with ya. But seriously, I swore years and years ago that my children would never have an excuse to NOT attend college. I had no choice but to quit high school when I was a kid. Any hope of education after high school was a joke. We lived out of the car at times.

Both of my children know the value of hard work and education. They have both decided to "help" by going through military schools. My daughter is a 2LT in the Army National Guard. My son plans on going the same route. Even with that help, college is still expensive. As you well know!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

Technically dealers can't just order them. GT500's are allotted to the dealers by Ford. Some dealers don't get any, and some dealers get 10 or more. I don't think dealers know yet if and how many they're getting. Once they get their allotment, then the dealer can order it with the options they choose. For example, we were allotted 3 '12 GT500's. We ordered 2 of them to our specifications, and left the 3rd for a customer to choose his options. Once those 3 were sold, we could no longer order a GT500. We'll have to wait for our '13 allotment. If that makes sense.

More than likely the OP's dealer is getting a GT500, and they've let him put a down payment on it, which is fine and normal. The problem is when pricing comes in a lot higher than the OP is hoping for, and/or the dealer ends up not getting one (which realistically is not very likely).

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ahhh, I see. I thought, for some reason, I'd read somewhere on the Web that Ford wasn't going to limit production of the new GT500. Thinking that, I thought anyone could order one from any Ford dealership. Looks like I was wrong though.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
They're not limiting them to a specific number, but overall production will be limited compared with the quantity of GT's and other regular Mustangs being produced.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I actually heard Ford was going to curb back the GT500 production since there are hundreds of 12's sitting on dealer lots right now.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I actually heard Ford was going to curb back the GT500 production since there are hundreds of 12's sitting on dealer lots right now.

That wouldn't surprise me. If there really is a large inventory of them out there, it wouldn't be too crazy to see rebates on them here real soon. Wasn't there s similar issue with the '04 Cobras? The '13's are going to be a big hit, I don't think they'll be hanging around show rooms for very long.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
That wouldn't surprise me. If there really is a large inventory of them out there, it wouldn't be too crazy to see rebates on them here real soon. Wasn't there s similar issue with the '04 Cobras? The '13's are going to be a big hit, I don't think they'll be hanging around show rooms for very long.

Ford is accepting X,A,Z,D etc on shelbys right now, thats what I paid for my 2012.

I can speak for 100% fact, if I want one of the 5 2013 Shelbys my local dealer has alotted to them, I can order it however I want it, and get it for no more than sticker.

I bet some dealers will try for markups and will end up sitting on them, catching the occasional sucker.

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Ford is accepting X,A,Z,D etc on shelbys right now, thats what I paid for my 2012.

I can speak for 100% fact, if I want one of the 5 2013 Shelbys my local dealer has alotted to them, I can order it however I want it, and get it for no more than sticker.

I bet some dealers will try for markups and will end up sitting on them, catching the occasional sucker.

You need to do this!

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
I keep hearing base sticker is around $56,000, I am being offered a decent trade though for my 2012 though.

The '13 GT500's are going to be like the '12 Boss's. Just an awesome vehicle to own. What color you going to get? $56k is a LOT for a base on a Mustang, though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back