W3bb3r04 build thread

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Man Dustin just told about your build thread, going to be awesome. If nothing happens Mine will be torn back down this time next week.
What are you going to do for your PCV?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I know! I just got the piping in on Wednesday and I'm going to start on some of it tonight.
y5agy5as.jpg

u6yjeryb.jpg

jyve4a5y.jpg

And I'm going to put breathers on the valve covers and block off the intake.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
And I'm going to put breathers on the valve covers and block off the intake.

Have you thought about doing a catch can/breather setup for the pcv? I think it would prevent oil residue from coating your engine bay.
This is what Matt did on his white car and just mounted it to the firewall. I am planning on going this route and trying to mount it low some where to prevent as many fumes as possible from getting in the cabin.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking at them on amazon and their anywhere from $50 and up.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Well after seeing that green bullitt awhile back I wanted to do this, so I started on deleting the sides and opening up the bumper.
Here's the progression:
babu9a4u.jpg

utagu2y4.jpg
gu9e3ede.jpg
uqu7ymu9.jpg

Now I just have to paint the lower grille area flat black!

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
good move on that front bumper. i actually did that at first then grew to hate the fangs so i cut them out, plastic welded it bondo it smooth and then repainted it flat black

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good rj. Really like that look. Makes me want to do mine like that. Coming along nicely.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RJ I have had both breathers on the VC's and lines to open catch cans on my setup and I just got tired of putting up with the oil smell. With the breathers on the VC's you will have oil residue around the engine bay and with catch cans you will still have the oil smell. I just finished a new PCV/breather setup you may want to consider for the future.

There is a company called Krankvent http://www.et-performance.com/turbo.html that makes a PCV valve that will withstand boost pressure. I didn't run them the way they show in the instructions, as I don't think it would work with a blow through setup. I got a set of the them and had some #10 bungs welded in cam covers. On the drivers side I have a modified JLT catch can from the stock vent to the intake, with a Krankvent in the line. I have #10 line from the bung in the cover to a breather catch can with a Krankvent in that line. The intake line prevents air flowing from the intake into the cover so boost will not pressurize the crankcase. The other Krankvent prevents air from flowing into the cover from the breather. This keeps the driver side sealed, the intake vacuum cannot draw in outside air from the drivers side.

On the pass side I just ran the line to an open breather catch can. I know this is not supposed to work but it seems to be working fine on mine. I don't think it draws in enough unmetered air, from the pass side, to effect anything. The car was tuned this way and runs fine. I haven't any more oil smell with this setup. Here are a couple of pics.

Lines.jpg

Lines1.jpg

Earl

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back