2013 Rear End Squeaking

Josh5oh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First post here. My 2013 Mustang GT has a pretty loud creak / squeak coming from the rear end that only seems to happen when going over speed bumps. It does not squeak when driving down the road regularly - only when going over speed bumps. Also the front does not squeak at all, only the rear.

I am lowered on BMR lowering springs. Those have approximately 60k miles on them and are 7-8 years old.

However…In the past month I have already replaced both rear tires, both rear lower control arms, both shocks and all 4 of shock bushings and installed a brand new 2013 BOSS 302 swaybar with end links (which obviously replaced all the associated swaybar bushings and end link bushings as well.)

There seems to be no difference in eliminating the rear end squeak when going over bumps before vs after installing all those parts. What else could be the culprit?

I did NOT grease or lube any of the new parts listed above before installing, EXCEPT for the lower control arms which I greased through the grease fittings that came on them with a gun.

Any input is appreciated.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
if they're poly bushings, that's the nature of the beast. You can grease them with some lithium based grease to see if it will quiet. Have you checked the upper arm?

VGMStudios

Reaction score
This is why I changed the poly bushings from the stabilizer to rubber. I would have to grease them every year cause they squeak so bad. Even after I greased them they'd still squeak. Go so fed up with them, changed them to rubber and no more squeak. I really hate polly bushings. Lol

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
My OEM rubber rear stabilizer bushings started squeaking so I replaced them with poly ones , lubed of course. That fixed the squeak and it hasn’t recurred for 3 years now.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Check the upper bushing on the diff. It's not greasable, but by now it might be cracked. They're not fun to do, but I've done 2 now, one on my '13 GT, and one on my wife's '08 GT500. They don't tend to squeak but they may make other noises once they're worn.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back