fastest nitrous ONLY 3v

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
Who is it? I think JB went in the 10s with it, but you just don't hear about the fastest 3Vs with nitrous..........any info? I doubt I will ever get to the point of "fastest" anything, but its worth a shot.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought Justin had the procharger on his car before the nitrous. I think I do remember him making a nitrous only run in the high 10's though - but can't remember for sure.

I thought blazing saddles had a good nitrous run as well...:idea:

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
Well I know my car WOULD have been 11.40s if it would have been RIGHT, whatever was wrong with it. I'm just trying to see what it is going to take

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Hell, if I was doing a nitrous car - I'd have a 13:1 motor for sure...:idea:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
<-------------Has a nice engine build going, and a nice direct port setup in the works.....sshhhhhhhhhhhhh

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
My pistons are 9.4.1 compression, not that high I know. BUT I have already done the "high compression" piston search, and my only option is custom built. Nobody makes a high compression piston that will CLEAR the valves, especially with my camshafts. Maybe if someone would buy my pistons I could do it. Brand new CPs. I'm 20 years old on a tight budget...........anyone wanna sponsor me?!?!? haha

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Agreed. Hell, if I was doing a nitrous car - I'd have a 13:1 motor for sure...:idea:
Well some of us still like pump gas, but 11:1-12:1 would be easy enough.

I seriously considered this route, but by the time I did it the way I wanted it with 2 bottles, an independent fuel system, and everything else I was better off just saving my money for something else. Could be a good reason I have a block at the shop now :beerdrink:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Well some of us still like pump gas, but 11:1-12:1 would be easy enough.

I seriously considered this route, but by the time I did it the way I wanted it with 2 bottles, an independent fuel system, and everything else I was better off just saving my money for something else. Could be a good reason I have a block at the shop now :beerdrink:

There's an 01 bullitt in the new 5.0 I believe, that has two bottles with the nano bottle for each one. all in the back seat. I'll try and find a pic, that thing is sick!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My pistons are 9.4.1 compression, not that high I know. BUT I have already done the "high compression" piston search, and my only option is custom built. Nobody makes a high compression piston that will CLEAR the valves, especially with my camshafts. Maybe if someone would buy my pistons I could do it. Brand new CPs. I'm 20 years old on a tight budget...........anyone wanna sponsor me?!?!? haha

Unfortunately it works like this...

win races or break records first - sponsors second...:idea:

Sponsors are like investors - they only want to invest in a 'sure thing'.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what is an ideal (close to) motor, heads, cams, etc N20 motor for a daily driver on pump gas... easy to use on the fly if in mexico and a pesky z06, etc?

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
i know someone where i live that ran 10.80s on a 200 shot and basic bolt ons. im sure chad knows the guy as well.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I wouldn't push it over 10.5:1-11:1 compression for a pump gas daily driver....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back