Turbo 3v Guys (New build)

schwanygt

Reaction score
Finally back into my Mustang after many years of it sitting in storage with a connecting rod though the side of the block....On3 setup

Anyways finally bought a short block.
Plan to do rotating assembly, stock heads.

What compression is everyone running?

I plan to using some of the On3 hot side plumbing and change some of it. (bumper bump and using BMR k member so needs to modify On3)

I want to get a new turbo. Suggestions?? I was on the 70mm On3

I plan on using all On3 Cold side for with upgraded components.
I do need a new MAF. Suggestions?

Looking for some advise.

Thanks!

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What fuel will you be running?

If it is E85, you can get aggressive with the CR, with pump gas you will have to decide whether you want more compression and less boost or less compression and more boost to hit your power goal.

For off the shelf pistons, it seems like there are a bunch that come out well under 9:1 a few that come out around 9.5 to just under 10.0:1, and the rest are at or over 11.0:1

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run 93 pump gas and I built my first engine with 8.7 compression and my second with stock 9.8. For a street car, the higher base compression ratio makes for better performance during normal non boosted driving. Both combinations made the some RWHP on 93 pump, just with lower boost on the higher compression engine. I could run race gas and crank up the boost on the lower compression engine but I decided to go back to the stock with the second engine. If you are planning to run E85 then definitely go with a higher compression ratio. I would go up to 11 with E85.

schwanygt

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I do plan to stay on 91. Car will be driven in areas where i cannot get 85 unfortunately.

Anyways, seem like around 9:1 seems pretty common. I will probably stay around there.

I'm shooting for around 550whp, lower half will be good for plenty more. (just seems like a good street number) I was at 450/480 but crap tune.

Gt500 pumps (had BAP)

Staying with stock heads.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back