Audio guys in here. :)

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I'm looking at pickup up a Shaker 1000 sub and amps. Currently, I've got a Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav unit in the dash.

What will it take to hook this up in my Saleen?

Thanks!
Alan

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wiring harness for the subs and the amps. What did your car come with originally?

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
wiring harness for the subs and the amps. What did your car come with originally?

So he would need the orignal wiring harness running from the head unit of the shaker 1000 back to the amps is all correct?

His car came with the shaker 500 setup.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
then yes, that is correct. He might as well go buy one new from Ford. Don't see them for sale very often and even if they were he would have to get in line for it. Quite a few people wanting one.

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
then yes, that is correct. He might as well go buy one new from Ford. Don't see them for sale very often and even if they were he would have to get in line for it. Quite a few people wanting one.

The O/P and I are actually working out a trade, we just needed to know if I needed to pull my wiring harness from the headunit back to the amps to get it to work, or if his wiring harness for his shaker 500 sub would plug right up to my amps was the main issue thanks.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The O/P and I are actually working out a trade, we just needed to know if I needed to pull my wiring harness from the headunit back to the amps to get it to work, or if his wiring harness for his shaker 500 sub would plug right up to my amps was the main issue thanks.
There are two harnesses. One for the front subs and amps, one for the rear. He should already have the front harness. So yes, you would need to pull the rear harness for him. Not a fun job, that is why no one does it.

I guess what I'm really asking is what is the easiest way to hook this up to my Pioneer head unit.

:)

Did you use the MetCo harness to connect your Pioneer to your factory harness? If so, it should have the plug for the 2nd wiring harness.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I guess what I'm really asking is what is the easiest way to hook this up to my Pioneer head unit.

:)
Not to be a troll,but why even bother with shaker subs,really non efficient and crapy quality,because the after market headunits have an integrated amp allready so you'll need signal controller or you'll be blowing subs like every day.The after market head units are runing on 2,4 8 ohm,the shaker subs are like 1.2,or like 0.5 ohm per voice coil or some stupid shit like this!The after market head units have different trigger voltage coming out of them 12V and the shaker amps is 5V you'll have to add a transformer on the +(trigger) wires otherwise you'll be hearing monster poping noise any time you turn the car on, and then the wiring,addaptors....it's an fuckin abortion I tried it.You can use the box if you want to keep the look,and deffinetly after market amp!The pioneer shallow mount subs are perfect replacement/fitment for the shakers.Just my :2cents:.Good luck

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Not to be a troll,but why even bother with shaker subs,really non efficient and crapy quality,because the after market headunits have an integrated amp allready so you'll need signal controller or you'll be blowing subs like every day.The after market head units are runing on 2,4 8 ohm,the shaker subs are like 1.2,or like 0.5 ohm per voice coil or some stupid shit like this!The after market head units have different trigger voltage coming out of them 12V and the shaker amps is 5V you'll have to add a transformer on the +(trigger) wires otherwise you'll be hearing monster poping noise any time you turn the car on, and then the wiring,addaptors....it's an fuckin abortion I tried it.You can use the box if you want to keep the look,and deffinetly after market amp!The pioneer shallow mount subs are perfect replacement/fitment for the shakers.Just my :2cents:.Good luck

I'm already getting the dreaded popping noise, so you're right on target.

I also agree that the best way to go is to just use the box and put my own speaker in it.

Honestly, I was going to trade a Snow Meth kit for it plus cash, but the more I dig into it the more it sounds like I should just sell the meth kit outright and pick up a shaker box.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I agree in part, but a simple voltage regulator will fix the popping sound. I just replaced my head unit so I could add more gauges and switches, no problems so far.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
It's up to you dude but trust me save yourself the agrivation,just get a sealed single box with one man's sub and amp,and call it a day!

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I currently have the Pioneer AVIC D3 and installed the Schoche sub box in the trunk (bolts in where the shaker 1000 system is installed from the factory) and a Mono Amp powering the sub....sounds amazing.

Thinking about dynamating the interior due to the extra punch from the headunit and sub box. Just waiting to blow the speaker that comes with the schoche box so I can install a Kicker :) But for now the dang Schoche sub is holding up and sounds great.

Oh and the popping is fixed with a voltage regulator just as previously stated. No biggie

Here is the link with pics of my setup in the trunk

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2531

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back