dealership troubles, recent purchase

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
I need to vent a little. I think chit chat should be appropriate??

anyone know anything about financing? recently picked up a 2014 gt that I drove 200 miles one way to a dealership, taking off work and all, it was a good deal in my eyes for as picky as I am.

got my paperwork from financing in the mail today and its all screwed up. they hid some additional protection plans from me when I was signing on it. ( I know shoulda read through it all but we were kind of strapped for time and had to get home etc etc ,no excuses). I trusted in them but now I will not ever trust the finance guy again. :asshat:

they tacked on 1100 in paint warranty and gap coverages. said they'd give me the paint protection for an inconvenience I had but little did I know he stretched the loan term two months to hide it and keep my payment the same. not once did he verbally tell me he was doing that. so I assumed it was the same as I had agreed on before and signed.

none of the math adds up on the paperwork. besides the actual dealership papers. the financing is effed.

anyways, gonna give them a call in the morning. hoping for the best. all I want is for them to take the additional "accessories" off, that I specifically told them more than once I didn't need and was not interested.

. also I got it home and found quite a few very very small hail dings in the roof and only about ten in the hood. couldn't see them until they were in the right light. sterling gray hides stuff well, otherwise car is flawless!! I remember him saying something about sign here there is no damage "to our knowledge" but someone had to of known that they were there, that's why the car was priced lower than what others go for. that's why it got traded in too probly. nothing some PDR cant fix off the books, but still.

just looking for advice on what I should do, before I call them in the morning and let them know whats going on. sucks that I signed on everything but hopefully they will do the right thing and work with me and own up to it.

this is a large dealer is KS. just been a bad experience. wish I could have just wrote a check for the damn thing lol

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The paperwork woes got my attention then I passed out when I read "hail dents".....:thud:

I'd drive it through the front plate glass window at the dealership and toss the keys on the salesman's desk.

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
hahahaah, yeah, tell me about it, its really gotten under my skin though tonight, especially after a long day at work. sorry for the 1st grade 10 page book but I needed to explain what was goin on

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. What I don't get is the part where you said you got the paperwork for financing in the mail. I always got all my financing paperwork right there at the dealership to sign just before I took delivery of the car. The main contract always broke down all the numbers including warranty's, taxes,number of payments, ect. And I always looked it over very closely before signing.

The only thing I ever got in the mail afterwords was a payment book from the bank. Anyway I hope you get them to work with you on the discrepencies. I dunno though because once dealerships get you to sign on the dotted line they seem to lose interest in making you happy. I found this out the hard way a few times.

Good Luck.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
paintless dent guy can fix the dents cheap. The foul up on the contract if signed will be an uphill battle. I can bet they will sit up and take notice if a letter from a lawyer arrives laying out a plan of action you can both live with, such as repair dents and dings remove unwanted B/S for contract. Dont you have a 3 day cooling off period in which you can return the car?

2011/5.0

Reaction score
A good dealership will take care of the dents for free. You really need to be careful on the paperwork side ,i always have the salesman break down all the fees and hold them to it at signing. 3 day return if not satisfied is pretty common

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Either a lawyer or else bring the car back and hand the salesman the keys. Absolutely unacceptable. I got screwed on my first new vehicle purchase back in 1988 because I didn't know any better and I just accepted it. I've regretted it ever since and will never allow that to happen to me again. I'd return the car on principle and go find another car somewhere else.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
When did you get the paperwork? Don't let their games create a situation where you are forced into accepting an unacceptable situation. Either bring the car back today or call a lawyer right now. Don't let it drag on.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
What did you sign there? If you didn't read it, and signed agreeing to it, part of this is on you. Dealers will always try to pull this crap. You need to read carefully beforing signing anything.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Lawyer or not, I just don't see the dealership taking the car back. You signed on the dotted line and own it. I would play the angle of having them repair the dents.

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
i understand part of this is on me for not thouroughly reading everything for the final signing, this is a used 2014 with 5900 miles BTW not new, (referring about hail dings)

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
did you not look over the car well? Hell, when I bought my '12....I was looking and running my hands over all the panels.

did you just sign blank papers for them to fill in and mail to you? If it is late, I usually go back the next day to sign the papers.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The part I always hated the most was signing the papers. The 50 million pages of paper always intimidated me. When I bought my '13 GT, everything was electronically signed on the Financial guys desk and even with that there were only a couple of lines to sign on. THE BEST experience I've ever had.

Hope it all works out!

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
i looked this car over good in the broad daylight, idk how i missed the hail dings, cant see them unless they're under the right light, sunlight makes them harder to see, the sterling gray metalicc just reflects like crazy. i think i was more focused on looking for door dings and repainted panels . i didnt notice them untill i got it in my garage under the 48" floresent lights and moved back and forth using the reflection of the straight line of the bulbs to see them

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
After buying my mustang I will never trust the finance guy/girl again. Just like you he added things to the total when he presented the different payment options while not telling more than just the price of the car was added on to it. Also like you I didn't notice the added things until I got home. The next day I went back up to the dealership and talked to the finance guy stating I didn't like what happened and he reversed them. Most people are too passive and probably never go back to get things resolved.

When I bought my 2011 F250 I went in knowing how shit goes down. I armed myself with an app on my phone that does loan amortization so I knew exactly what to expect as far as payments are concerned. The finance lady still tried to funny shit. When she presented me the payments plans I immediately busted out my phone. She was WAY OFF!!! She "accidentally" kept leaving off incentives and rebates which were quite a lot on a 60K truck. It took her four times before he numbers matched mine. She acted like she was starting to get aggravated but she was the one trying to rip me off. Fuck that! I no longer have faith in the finance people and will ALWAYS bring a loan amortization app to help me out.

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
yeah i had that app too and the salesman came back a couple times and i told him the payments were off like twice untill they got where i thought they should be . sneaky little fucks. i learned my lesson already. never again will i get taken advantage of

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Call the bank that is writing the check for the car. If they've paid for the car the dealer won't care about returning it or not paying for it

claudermilk

Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. There's a guy that writes about this kind of stuff on Jalopnik all the time. Maybe contact him? I think it's Steve Lehto.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back