Hampton Roads, VA - The Hangout!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So which is the best Ford dealership in the area to get warranty work done at? Got some issues with my wife's car (C-Max hybrid) that need to be addressed.

Any places that keep your car forever and should be avoided like the plague?

Thank you!

Dig-It

Reaction score
So which is the best Ford dealership in the area to get warranty work done at? Got some issues with my wife's car (C-Max hybrid) that need to be addressed.

Any places that keep your car forever and should be avoided like the plague?

Thank you!
Bowditch is always my first choice for dealer work. Mod friendly.

Cavalier at Greenbriar is a distant second.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bowditch is always my first choice for dealer work. Mod friendly.

Cavalier at Greenbriar is a distant second.

Brady is in Deep Creek so geographically Cavalier is closest; I never used Bowditch but when Eddie was working there I had him do some side work.

I took the Fusion to Cavalier for "warranty" work, all it was swapping out the gearshift knob to a leather one, jury is still out on the results...I would hope they don't goon that up!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
"Warranty" work was changing out to a leather gearshift knob?? Crazy!! I think Beach would mess that up and keep the car for 2 days, realize they got the wrong unapproved knob from autozone and then bring you back 4 months later for the correct one, and then push a survey on you and state "this is our bread and butter survey, we need this, and we did an outstanding job, right??"

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What needs fixed?
Service Writer: Customer says car is acting funny.
Mechanic: Told car to straighten up, be serious, and drive right.

C-Max is having some very intermittent issues, each has only happened once over the last three months. All the issues have been noticed by other owners on the C-Max forum, so when they happened they weren't really a "surprise" since we heard of them happening to other owners.

1. Car stays in ICE (internal combustion engine) mode for entire drive, never, ever goes into EV (Electric Vehicle) mode no matter how long or how slow you drive it.
2. Start car, put in Drive, transmission appears to stay in neutral as car will not move when accelerator is pressed.
2. Start car, put in Reverse, and get this, car goes FORWARD. Yes, folks, the car goes forward. Class action suit just waiting to happen on this, hopefully at the minimum a safety recall or worst case a buy back. But needless to say, we can't have a car that drives (not rolls, not down hill, not "settle", but drives) in the opposite direction as the gear shift indicator.

All of these are easily "reset" and "fixed" by turning the car off an back on, and each has only happened once and so far have been impossible to duplicate. I'm sure the dealership and Ford will have never heard of these before and they will probably keep the car for a while since they can't have a car running around in the opposite direction as directed, so you can see my concern for taking it to a good dealership that can actually try to come up with a solution.

We love the car, just want it to "straighten up and drive right".

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Couple of things going on the next few weekends.

Saturday, free concert for military at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion in Portsmouth. Gary Sinise and the LT Dan Band are playing. We'll be there in the boat (28' cabin cruiser, named Serenity) in a slip right next to the amphitheater. Please drop by to listen or partake in an adult beverage. We should be close enough to listen to the concert from the boat.

Next weekend, May 18th, Cruisin at the Beach carshow, hanging out on the Boardwalk all day from around 7 or 8 until 3 pm. They will have concerts/bands playing on the beach as well. Good times!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got a buddy at work needing a good upholstery shop. He's got an '06 S197 with the sagging door panels, the vinyl is coming off the center insert. He tried the 3M spray adhesive, but it came back off again. Besides, he's thinking of changing the vinyl color to match the exterior.

So can anyone recommend a good upholstery shop that will warranty their work? Seems some people who even get this done at a shop have it fall off again.

Thank you for the info!

rayS197

Reaction score
Ive used Wills Upholstery Shop off George Street in Norfolk to do some work on my old truck. Co-worker let Wills replace the head liner in his 65 GTO no issues he said.

Sent from a Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ive used Wills Upholstery Shop off George Street in Norfolk to do some work on my old truck. Co-worker let Wills replace the head liner in his 65 GTO no issues he said.

Sent from a Galaxy S3

Thanks for the recommendation, Ray. I'll send some business his way. :thumb2:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New plates are in Brady, are you HOV positive now?

Yep, finally got the HOV plates, but the wife is driving the C-max. She loves that thing. I guess if I really want to go HOV positive and get 40 mpg I could ride the crotch rocket in, but a 50% chance of rain usually means 100% chance of me getting caught in a thunderstorm.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back