installing Tokico D specs and BMR springs

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I searched and found all kinds of posts about making these shocks/and struts work on my 2011 with the use of GT500 strut mounts...went to install today and the gt500 mounts don't fit my strut towers ...Is there different gt500 mounts I should be using when trying to make a 05-09 strut fit my 2011?..sorry for a topic I know has been talked about over and over but I cant find what I ordered wrong

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
BMR-SP009
Tokico DSP12
M-18183-C

Are these the parts you have? If so, you should not have any issues with fitment. Can you post a pic??

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ive got the BMR SP009 and the M-18183-C mounts let me check the Tokico's ...yep I have the TODSP-12....well crapola the garage I went to said the strut mount wouldn't fit the strut tower something about the spacing on the 4 bolts didn't match my holes in the strut tower

Last edited:

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
I ended up just installing the springs for now and I gotta say I love em so far car looks great and it doesn't ride bad even on stock struts and shocks....hooks way better than before ... just don't have the adjustability I was looking for. I will do the install myself next weekend ,,,I knew better than to trust a local shop

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like your shop doesn't know what they are talking about. I had no trouble installing my GT500 mounts and Tokico D-Specs on my '13, and I barely know the difference between a pair of channel locks and a ratchet! LOL

Have you ever done a spring/shock/strut install on these cars? If you haven't, it's pretty straightforward. Plenty of threads about doing it. If you can change your oil you can do the strut job in your driveway or garage. Good luck.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The mounts don't fit the strut towers?

As in, the strut mount studs don't line-up with the holes?

A quick note about the mounts, they have an arrow on them, this arrow needs to point outward, toward the fender ... not sure if this causes a problem if not done the right way

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
They made a mistake, and hoepfully they don't charge you double labor.

Every Upper Mount will bolt to every strut tower on every S197, 2005-Current.

They were doing something wrong, is my guess.

If you need any help, call me at the office.

I am happy you like the springs, I am not at all surprised, they are a great option!

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score

I am happy you like the springs, I am not at all surprised, they are a great option!

Lol no double charge ..it aint going back there ..I'll do it myself...just work a lot of hours so my downtime is at a premium... Yeah Love the differnce the springs make :thumb2:

travelers

Reaction score

What is the difference between the 2005-10 and the 2011+ struts? I'm getting ready to do the same.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back