Mikes first home!!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Lots of hard work but I like the difference of the house from when I first moved in to how it looks now.

Just about finished building the shed I came up on during black Friday weekend. $480 from $900. Just need the hardware for the doors and a few screws.

e03f7566.jpg

56431853.jpg

Now I can finally move some space in the garage and store all my lawn equipment and tools in the shed soon.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well Christmas came a little early this year. Fiancé couldn't hold any longer since we had a family gift exchange with our relatives earlier. Soon as we got home she surprised me with a combo of things. First box I open is a craftsman ball bearing rolling toolbox! Then head inside for another two drawer box that sits on top of that one. Then follows that up with a third 5 drawer box to finish it off! Bottom box is in the garage and the drawers were all damaged from the warehouse so have to exchange that one tomorrow but here's a shot of the upper half for now.

c89bcbcf.jpg

She also bought me a tool organizer to go inside one drawer, plus a roll of the plastic mesh to sit inside each drawer! And last but not least bought me a jack and jack stands combo but she accidentally ordered a jack and jackstands combo instead of just jack stands since I already have a jack. Best Xmas present I ever received from anyone! Now I can finally organize all my tools and not take 10 minutes to find the tool I need inside my garage floor somewhere.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Well Christmas came a little early this year. Fiancé couldn't hold any longer since we had a family gift exchange with our relatives earlier. Soon as we got home she surprised me with a combo of things. First box I open is a craftsman ball bearing rolling toolbox! Then head inside for another two drawer box that sits on top of that one. Then follows that up with a third 5 drawer box to finish it off! Bottom box is in the garage and the drawers were all damaged from the warehouse so have to exchange that one tomorrow but here's a shot of the upper half for now.

c89bcbcf.jpg

She also bought me a tool organizer to go inside one drawer, plus a roll of the plastic mesh to sit inside each drawer! And last but not least bought me a jack and jack stands combo but she accidentally ordered a jack and jackstands combo instead of just jack stands since I already have a jack. Best Xmas present I ever received from anyone! Now I can finally organize all my tools and not take 10 minutes to find the tool I need inside my garage floor somewhere.
Awesome! I love tool storage. Feels much better to be able to go snag a wrench or socket when you know EXACTLY where it is

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
^ yeah man I can't wait to start organizing my tools tonight. Should be able to clean out the garage a lot more all day tomorrow so I can start finishing the garage drywall texture and paint. Also got $50 in gift cards for sears and want to go buy me a cordless drill. Have to look around and see which one is a good deal and good volts to use for projects around the house and building wood projects.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
^ yeah man I can't wait to start organizing my tools tonight. Should be able to clean out the garage a lot more all day tomorrow so I can start finishing the garage drywall texture and paint. Also got $50 in gift cards for sears and want to go buy me a cordless drill. Have to look around and see which one is a good deal and good volts to use for projects around the house and building wood projects.

Anything 18v will tackle what you need really. I'm partial to dewalt but craftsman should still have a strong drill in 18v

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
^ I actually want a dewalt. Might just use my gift cards on other garage stuff or tools I need and buy a dewalt from home depot or lowes. Been looking at the 20 volt drills simply because I'd rather have the extra power even though an 18v would probably be enough. Just pulled up to sears so I'll look around at what I can burn my gift cards on.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
^ I actually want a dewalt. Might just use my gift cards on other garage stuff or tools I need and buy a dewalt from home depot or lowes. Been looking at the 20 volt drills simply because I'd rather have the extra power even though an 18v would probably be enough. Just pulled up to sears so I'll look around at what I can burn my gift cards on.

I just got a new 18v dewalt. Was gonna pick up the new 20v lithium ones but I will wait until price comes down on them in a few years. I figure the one I just got will last until then

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm hoping they go on sale next week for after Xmas sales. Or hope I can find a great deal on one somewhere. Also thinking of picking up a circular saw this weekend since they're on sale too

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Here it is fully assembled. Now I need to start collecting more tools each month to fill it up haha. Time to get serious about finishing up with the garage walls and floors so I can start getting cabinets and a workbench setup going.

301a70cf.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Ended up using my gift cards towards the new 19.2 volt craftsman lithium ion drill. Hoping it turns out to be a good purchase for what I need. I'll charge it up tonight and give it a try tomorrow to see what the torque is like on it. If I don't like it I can always return it for a dewalt they have in store or online.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Very nice. I've got a similar box. The ball bearing drawers make so much of a difference. There is no way I would own a Craftsman box without them otherwise they feel like shit.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
^ yeah I made sure I fed that through my fiance's head about a dozen times while we were looking at them a few weeks ago haha. She does a good job of remembering little things like that when it comes time to buy me gifts. Havent had time to start organizing my tools yet though and get a feel for the ball bearing drawers once they're filled with tools. I'll have time tomorrow to start putting stuff inside.

Got the c3 drill charged up and even for its compact size I think it's got some good power for the stuff I'll be using it for. Next up on my list is a pair of jackstands so I can get to work on finally pulling my longtubes off my car soon.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
picked these candle lantern holders up at Ikea over the weekend. Been looking for some since i seen paul's sideyard remodel so i can hang on my gazebo posts. Got them for $8 each and picked up some wrought iron holders to hold them at lowes today. I want to find an old circle wood table top or have a thick piece of wood cut out to put over the firepit so i can use it as a card table/drink holder when i'm not using the firepit.

bf30591b.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Got the lanterns put up today. Tomorrow if the weather isn't bad I'm going to try and finish painting the rest of the gazebo. I'm thinking of changing the color of the bottom half starting from under the roof a dark brown or similar color. In the end I want to add a roof finish to the gazebo. It's dirty from the rain we've had over the last couple weeks and the winter weather. Should look better once it's all cleaned up and painted

Thanks Paul for the hanging candle lantern idea
b3839268.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
The lanterns come off the hooks. Just a couple of screws holding the hooks in place. Actually didn't really think about repainting it yet until I put them up. I have all day today to finish stuff up around the house since my fiancé is going out of town so I figured I'd keep myself busy by painting the gazebo.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Decided on this "tribal drum" color from home depot and started painted today. Hoping to get the rest done tomorrow so I can get started on the roofing next week sometime

833fad08.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Going to home depot to use a few gift cards I got for my bday this past weekend. Thinking of buying some garage shop lights. I know there's a few for around $20 but not sure how long they last. Anyone buy some recently they would recommend? Trying to keep it between $20-40 each since I need two.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back