Supercharger camshaft selection

duck.eyed

Reaction score
Hi there was turned on to this site through a god friend of mine and so far I'm very pleased with it. I do have a question though. I'm in the market of purchasing a new set of cams for some decent power gains and some good sound of course too. So far the current upgrades on my car are as follows.
4.6l gt 3v
Saleen supercharger pushing around 9lbs of boost. Going to up grade that as well to the neighborhood of 12#.
40# injectors
3:73 gears
Pacesetter long tubes
Pypes off road X pipes
Mac exhaust
McLeod street extreme clutch
Hurst short throw shifter
Saleen intake.
GT500 throttle body

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
9 lb and a cam will max out what the engine can handle. Plan on upgrading the rods at a minimum.

I chose comp 127300/350 as they run a reasonable aftermarket spring, sound close to stock and you don't need limiters. 25 rwhp. Many, many people run the 127550. More power, gnarly lope.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I ran a set of the Brenspeed (Detroit Rocker Cams) with my Saleen Supershaker set-up.

Not only do they sound great they also do produce more power.

Give Brenspeed a call and see what they have to say as the call is FREE and so is their advise.

Below is the link to them,

Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharged Mustang GT 2005-2010
*Brenspeed Favorite*

http://www.brenspeed.com/detroit3vsc.html

This is my Mustang running them in the video below it will give you an idea of how they sound.

Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharged Camshafts

The Detroit Rocker camshafts by Brenspeed were designed to meet 3 specific needs.
1. Rough Idle
2. Great drivability
3. Minimal Torque loss with a great power gain

Terry

Last edited:

duck.eyed

Reaction score
Thanks man. I actually have been eye balling them and had seen that video before. Cool to know whose ride it is. Car sounds great looked like u got some good power out of it. Thanks for the heads up

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
I have the NA version and I picked up a lot of power! Went from 297rwhp to 335rwhp and minimal tq loss peak is 325rwtq. Awesome car Tigerhonaker! Actually one of the reasons that really put me on the detroits.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Im running comp 127350s. If you looking for the choppy idle sound these dont have much of it. But they do make good power.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I actually have been eye balling them and had seen that video before. Cool to know whose ride it is. Car sounds great looked like u got some good power out of it. Thanks for the heads up

I have the NA version and I picked up a lot of power! Went from 297rwhp to 335rwhp and minimal tq loss peak is 325rwtq. Awesome car Tigerhonaker! Actually one of the reasons that really put me on the detroits.

Thanks guys .........

Those cams do a real decent job and a plus is they do sound great to boot.

T.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back