Which to go with MMR900SE or B326??

paMustang21

Reaction score
Alright my fellow stang owners. The time has to come for me to build that motor. In the beginning phase of owning my car (2009 GT), I concentrated on making it look like a 68-69 Mach 1. Now that the car is paid off, I figure its time to make it run like one. I'm looking to 650-700hp but I'm undecided on either the MMR Street Mod 900SE or Brenspeeds B326. I'll be either going with a turbo or a procharger since I wanna keep the shaker hood theme. Any advice would be appreciated. I also plan on adding new heads, cams, etc etc but was wondering if anyone had any experience with these two blocks? Any advice on how to achieve these numbers? The car is a weekend warrior but I do like to drive on a daily during the summer months. Any advice is appreciated.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You wont find much here good about MMR.

The B326 has been discussed in numerous previous threads.

Was the search button broken when you made this thread?

This is not tech, this is chit chat.

Have a nice day!!!!!!

Game on!!!!!!!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
9e22e8e0.gif

Please read through these:
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30272
http://s197forum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=19
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89602

do a Coyote swap

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score

did he just say he was thinking about MMR? on this site?

if you go with MMR be ready to join the others in pain. Look at the baby girls.. Thats how I was when I found out what MMR did to me.
There are tons of Kick butt vendors here that can get you what you need with a much better rep and customer service

s_k12_RTR2VO5B.jpg

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I like my B326 and have no real problems with it. Great product but Brenspeed customer service leaves a lot to be desired. No experience with MMR so I can't compare.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score

The B326 has been discussed in numerous previous threads.

Was the search button broken when you made this thread?

This is not tech, this is chit chat.

Have a nice day!!!!!!

Game on!!!!!!!!

There's a good lad! A proper usage of the "did you fucking search?" phrase.

OP: Lots of vendors here can provide you with an engine. I suggest shopping them first. While I have no firsthand experience with an MMR engine they seem to have done wrong by quite a few here. Don't forget about Livernois either. Top notch in my book.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
If weight and handling are of any concern, you might consider sticking with an aluminum block. Most builders are selling iron blocks which weigh about 80 lbs more. An extra 80 lbs on the front axle is a lot to overcome just to get back to the level you were at stock.

I'm planning on going with the FRPP Aluminator 46X shortblock which is a 302 c.i. displacement. Tousley Ford will sell it for $4600 shipped. My only regret is that they don't sell a long block, I'll have to finish it myself.
https://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22907

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
Don't worry OP, when I first got hear and was also curious about MMR after I saw a disparaging remark about them. I thought maybe I should investigate. So I searched because I saw people getting pissy when "newbies" asked about certain subjects or products. Always the answers where "search you a-hole". After spending well over an hour with the search function on "MMR" and various other added qualifiers all I found was a ton of "Search you a-hole" responses to questions about MMR, a few "MMR sucks" ad hoc remarks in unrelated threads, and finally one post that said there customer service was horrible. Nothing with specifics or insight into why they sucked. I gave up and accepted that they suck and that I'd never really know why. A shame too, because they have the best prices and actually list a lot of options on there site. The "other" vendors that are praised here, have sites that suck and tell you very little about what they can actually offer you. A call to the vendor is definitely in order to get any info. Which I find annoying as hell. But it is what it is. Rarely does a good machine shop have the ability to stand up a good site or the desire to pay to have a good one made.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Don't worry OP, when I first got hear and was also curious about MMR after I saw a disparaging remark about them. I thought maybe I should investigate. So I searched because I saw people getting pissy when "newbies" asked about certain subjects or products. Always the answers where "search you a-hole". After spending well over an hour with the search function on "MMR" and various other added qualifiers all I found was a ton of "Search you a-hole" responses to questions about MMR, a few "MMR sucks" ad hoc remarks in unrelated threads, and finally one post that said there customer service was horrible. Nothing with specifics or insight into why they sucked. I gave up and accepted that they suck and that I'd never really know why. A shame too, because they have the best prices and actually list a lot of options on there site. The "other" vendors that are praised here, have sites that suck and tell you very little about what they can actually offer you. A call to the vendor is definitely in order to get any info. Which I find annoying as hell. But it is what it is. Rarely does a good machine shop have the ability to stand up a good site or the desire to pay to have a good one made.

Dont be a douche. If you do research you will find plenty of threads on here as well as every other mustang forum. There has many instances where people's motors have blown due to bad clearances, oil pump failures, and other bad assembly. Yes there is a warranty but everytime MMR says that it is the installers fault and something wasn't done right. If you want to buy something from MMR that's fine but don't bitch if and when it messes up. If you have a problem with the smaller businesses on our forum that will go out of their way to help you then you don't have to come back. I'm sure all 8 of your posts were very productive. This is the only forum where threads won't be blocked when you talk bad about a company. If you want the truth you will find plenty of threads on MMR and BBR both. Take it or leave it.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Members of this site have been bent over by mmr. The only reason people even ask about them is because on some sites a vendor gets to have negative posts deleted. I seriously doubt you would see them on this site where the people they fucked over could state the truth over what happened to them.

If you want to try them out then do it. You were warned not to on a forum that doesn't allow vendor protection. This is the only site I'm aware of that lets negative vendor experiences stand without getting edited by the mods or vendors. In fact this site has a backlog of businesses that want to be vendors but have to wait for a spot to open up because the owner doesn't want vendor overload.

OP: Your goals are 6-700 at the flywheel or rear wheels? It's a big difference.

There is a F1 Procharger in the classifieds for $5k. That will get you the numbers in rwhp fairly easy. A new D1SC will run about $6k and get you there too. A turbo is always less money and has more potential but imo it takes a little more dedication to the build. They make lots of torque.

How do you feel about E85? It's the best pump fuel available for high hp motors imo. Just switching to it produces more hp. It's also safer for the motor. If it's available and you don't have a problem running it I'd plan the build around it.

Given the two choices you have I'd go with the Brenspeed B326. The larger bore will help in more ways than just adding cubic inches.

Have you considered building your own? A few of us have done budget builds with forged rods and pistons. So far so good on all of them. The hardest part about building your own is finding a good machine shop imo.

You could build a 304 cubic inch big bore boss motor for under $4000 using your crank and heads. That would be with a new block and cover all of the parts and machining. Just the shortblock would cost about $3000-$3500 for parts and machining depending on which pistons you went with.

So give us some more detail on what your plans are. If all you know is the hp level then that's ok too. It's probably been covered by someone on this site at some time.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score

I searched for no longer then 5 minutes and found this thread.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64072

Flapjack lost three engines due to problems caused by MMR, to which they did make good on and replace the engine. However after three times I would have cashed in my chips and gotten even dime back from MMR. The search function must of been broken for you also. And if making a phone call to talk with an engine build is to hard, you probably shouldn't be putting in a built engine. I wouldn't dream of just order an engine off line without talking to the builder about what I want and setting it up accordingly.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
Alright my fellow stang owners. The time has to come for me to build that motor. In the beginning phase of owning my car (2009 GT), I concentrated on making it look like a 68-69 Mach 1. Now that the car is paid off, I figure its time to make it run like one. I'm looking to 650-700hp but I'm undecided on either the MMR Street Mod 900SE or Brenspeeds B326. I'll be either going with a turbo or a procharger since I wanna keep the shaker hood theme. Any advice would be appreciated. I also plan on adding new heads, cams, etc etc but was wondering if anyone had any experience with these two blocks? Any advice on how to achieve these numbers? The car is a weekend warrior but I do like to drive on a daily during the summer months. Any advice is appreciated.

Be careful of who you have do your heads..I've heard horror stories about some dropping valves

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
I figured someone would come back with I found it before I started searching, what can I say my search foo was broken. As far as engines, I would never buy a pre built engine. I build my own, and use a local machinist that I have a long relationship with and trust. I personally was trying to research rotating assemblies. The internet has spoiled me like that, I like to research my purchases without having to call every place of business just to see if they offer what I'm in the market for.

I knew my response would raise some ire of a few, but it did result in actual answers for the OP and myself, and for those I thank you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here was the last responce I gave about FUCKING MMR!

On 12/13/2007 I purchased a Stroker 1150 18cc .030 kit from MMR. When I asked Chris if they happened to have the .030 pistons in stock , to my suprise he said yes ! Of coarse we all know why now . After receiving the kit I soon found that it was going to cost more here localy to balance the crank then it would cost to just send it back to MMR and let them do it so I had my local builder weigh out everything that was that is what I did on somewhere around the 1/15/2008 . Chris insured me it would be a 2 day turn around after they received it. On 1/28/2008 it was shipped back out to me.I then on 2/18/2008ordered a windage try and billit rear main support. About 4 days latter I received a ARP crank pulley bolt and a billit timming wheel with the older gear for the billit pc to work, So I called Chris and told him of the misshap and asked if I was inerested in the parts at a 30 % off price he would sell them to me as well vrs paying the shipping to return them and asured me my correct parts would be shipped out the next day. I then repied ok I guess so , I was kinda looking at getting the trigger wheel anyway. With that agreeed on I said it would be ok for them to charge me for the wheel and bolt at 30% off and then ship my correct parts out the next day. Well when the parts came , that pc of shit hade charged me full price ! At this point I just thought o well lesson learned and I would never deal with them again.
Now after waiting all this time to get the parts for the build gathered , I take them to the local builder I use here and the 4 week wait in line begins for the assembly to start. Well after all the prep work was done the builder started to put the motor together, and I get a call . Billy you have the wrong rods! I was devistated.
On 3-25-08 I called Chris and explained that the rods they sent were not correct in that the rods they sent me ( Manley Billit Pro Seris I beams) were off set and not even as a mod moter rod should be and then was put on hold and the phone was givin to there "tech guy" Wess. Wess then replied that Manley doesnt make a off set rod for the mod motorand that my builder must not know what he is doing and that I should pick up my parts from him becouse he should not me building motors if he cant tell this is a strait rod and not off set. He then went on to say that if I wanted I could box it all up and send it to them to be built and then I would have the right people building it. I then explained that the box had the correct part # on it , but the rod is incorrect , it is off set I said agsin . Wess then replied that they sell and use these rods all the time. I was then put back to Chis and he said that if I shipped the rods and pistons back to them they would see what the issue was . Within a day or so the rods were off to MMR.
3-26-08 I called Ryan at Manley and explained my problem and his reply was that the lg side of the rod goes towards the crank and the other side goes toward the the other rod. He also replied that these are a Chevey casting that they use for the stroker mod motors and that the rod not being in the center of the piston is not a problem.
5-6-2008, After not hereing any news I call Chris or Mark , not sure wich one , and they said that Manley instructed them to take .015 off the piston caps to allow clearance for the off set in the rod and they would ship the parts back out the following day . He also went on to say that these are the first set they have seen that were off set like this. So I called Ryan at Manley and he said that these are the forgings they have always used for the Billit Pro seris rods and that after the last of the batch they have was gone they were going to be changeing to a non off set rod. I then asked when that would be and he replied they still had several sets left and they only sold about 30 sets the year prior , so he was unsure of a date.
5-11-2008 , Called MMR to get a tracking # and spoke to Mark who told me the parts had not shipped yet but they were infact ready and they would go out that day.
5-12-2008 Called and left massage for Mark or Chris to call me back.
5-15-2008 Called MMR for tracking # . Finally I got the #

A few days latter all my parts are in and we are ready to assemble the motor after my builder finishes the one he is on in afew days. Well after he gets started , he calls me, and says the rods still will not work . I went to the shop and sure enough we only had .008 clearance per pair on the rods at the crank. Builder says should be between .015 and .025. So the next day I call Manley Tech and was told .015 - .025 per pair , so my guy is correct. I then called Chris again and he said that .008 per par was fine and the rods are now correct . Well about to pull my fucking hair out I just hung up the phone and called my builder and told him to machine them to the correct spec and I would pay him for it and he refused to take my money and fixed everything up and assembled the engine .

Anyone Still want to buy from MMR ?

Nuff said!:rant:

Last edited:

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
I am building a 326 but I put all the pieces together myself following the b326 build somewhat... One thing that I have heard about that motor that is if your planning on going procharger the extra load on the crank causes it to walk a tad.. this is just results I have found on here... Im not sure if an extra key way will fix that problem or not... I am a turbo set up so I really didn't have any concerns about it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of horror stories out there about MMR. Just have to look. They ain't hard to find.

OP, if ur in PA, see L&M Race Engines in Hatboro

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back