FYI, for those upgrading the rear view mirror...

Baron11

forum member
Reaction score
Just an FYI. I have read a few posts where people are replacing the base rear view mirror with one that is auto dimming and has temperature and or a compass. It is not necessary to run wires all the way back to the fuse panel. There is already a set of wires under the interior light module that is fastened to the headliner. The module snaps down and you will notice an unused connecting plug behind the plug for the light module. This is what is used to power the auto dimming mirror on the upgraded rear view mirror. Simply buy the connector from Ford and plug it in. Obviously with a temp gauge rear view mirror you will have to run a wire to the front of the car.

Bryan

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
What year does this apply too?

I have an 07 GT and bought a mirror off an 08 with autodim & compass and was wondering if it was prewired.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i too have the upgraded mirror, but need the adapter. anyone know where it is available for purchase?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I ended up creating a new thread, mine was prewired and the mirror I bought came with the harness uncut so it was completely plug and play.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back