Kind of shocked ... Advice ?

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Just took a 150 mile drive to visit daughter in law went to a light and gassed it a bit and it started to die.. Threw a wrench code (don't have SCT with me) then died .. Car turns over but doesn't fire ... Any ideas ? I know this is generalized as hell

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
See if a local vato zone can read the codes for you. Most offer that as a free service. Otherwise you're looking at getting it towed to an unknown repair shop and being at their mercy.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just took a 150 mile drive to visit daughter in law went to a light and gassed it a bit and it started to die.. Threw a wrench code (don't have SCT with me) then died .. Car turns over but doesn't fire ... Any ideas ? I know this is generalized as hell

You can still clear the wrench code by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. I'd try that before calling for a tow.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Clearing the code is not going to make the car start working (unless you have some kind of magical luck!)

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Clearing the code is not going to make the car start working (unless you have some kind of magical luck!)

Actually, I've had that happen before and clearing the code did make it start again. However, it will likely do the same thing again once you start driving.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Sometimes it will as it also clears adaptive memory. This is why reloading a tune will sometimes clear up a funky running motor. It's worth a shot to get the car home.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Lol I'm getting it towed back to Evansville ... There is no decent repair shop here at all ... I'll throw the SCT on in the morning ... Hopefully it will read a code .. My aeroforce didn't

If the code doesnt show up I'll try the battery thing too

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you look under the hood at all?

check the filter, intake tube and any couplers

if the Aeroforce didn't the SCT will not either

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Whatever the tow bill was, be thankful it wasn't a 28K lb bucket truck. My tow bills usually run about $400-$500 (only 4x in 7 years).

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Why didn't you call Ford's road service, it is part of your warranty. They will take you to a Ford dealer.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
With a blower and tune, there's no way anyone could expect to still have a warranty on it.

That has nothing to do with the road service part, they will do flat tires, out of gas, lock outs, wrecks, tow you all most anywere, with in reason. you don't even have to go to the dealer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back