Pypes XFM26E catted X-pipe

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
I installed Pypes XFM26E catted X-pipe about 10 days ago, and I'm quite happy with them.

One of my cats was leaking at the weld after 143k miles. The Pypes from Steeda was an easy choice. I had installed JBA ceramic coated shorties a few years ago, and the Pypes bolt right up.

Remember, you must remove the battery & tray in order to disconnect the upstream right 02 sensor. Installation is fairly straightforward once you have the old midpipe removed.

If I did it again, I would leave everything loose until I connected the upstream right 02 sensor. I would also check the overall length of the system. I would measure the overall stock length. The Pypes are the correct, stock length, but you must check at the rear to ensure everything is fully seated.

I had a buzzing noise or rattle from the rear when the car was cold. It turned out the muffler hanger was right up against the frame in back. I loosened the clamps and pried the mufflers forward while a friend tapped the pipe with a hammer and a block of wood. Problem solved.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back