Ford cylinder block crate

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need to know where I can get a shipping crate for an engine block. I had a fire in my garage and it ruined the crate my jdm short block came in. I know it has some value and I'd like to know where to get one so I can get the insurance to pay for a replacement. I'm hope the short block is ok, it was on an engine stand bagged up. Have not had a chance to check it out yet.

Does anyone know where to get a big heavy duty bag? A couple of holes were melted into the one on my block so I need to replace it.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
A big contractors trash bag works just fine. That's what I have on my short block. Or, you can pickup a pretty, clear plastic engine bag with Summit Racing logo on it from Summit...if you want to go that route.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I have a Ford Racing engine crate I could send you. Just pay shipping. It had a bare block in it that I built for my buddys car, and I kept the crate.

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint on the engine bag. Got one ordered.

19COBRA93:

I will probably take you up on the offer but I still need to know
a value for the crate so insurance can reimburse me. Would it be too much trouble to find out the shipping cost to 75048?

Thanks!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint on the engine bag. Got one ordered.

19COBRA93:

I will probably take you up on the offer but I still need to know
a value for the crate so insurance can reimburse me. Would it be too much trouble to find out the shipping cost to 75048?

Thanks!

It would be $40 shipped. It's quite large, and somewhat heavy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back