Ground Control/Koni Coilovers: My Installation Notes & Impressions

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I don't have scales (yet?), but I took it to a performance/race shop and had them corner weight it and do the alignment (for the curious, it was lighter than I anticipated at 3580# in full street trim and 170# driver, 53/47% weight distribution).

Now that I'm in a place with a garage I'm going to work on doing my own alignments since that all cost about $160..I wouldn't call it unreasonable but I'm going to want to play with toe and camber settings and that'll get very expensive very fast if I don't do it myself!

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
!

I don't have scales (yet?), but I took it to a performance/race shop and had them corner weight it and do the alignment (for the curious, it was lighter than I anticipated at 3580# in full street trim and 170# driver, 53/47% weight distribution).

Now that I'm in a place with a garage I'm going to work on doing my own alignments since that all cost about $160..I wouldn't call it unreasonable but I'm going to want to play with toe and camber settings and that'll get very expensive very fast if I don't do it myself!

I would just call Maximum motor sports up and buy there camber stick for like 59.00 and they have a toe set up too ! you will never have to visit an alignment shop again

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I would just call Maximum motor sports up and buy there camber stick for like 59.00 and they have a toe set up too ! you will never have to visit an alignment shop again

I actually picked up a digital torpedo level a while ago from Sears for $30-ish that I think I can rig up with some angle aluminum I've got laying around. After I get that sorted out I'll try the string method for toe, and maybe after my first couple shots at it I'll take it in somewhere to see how my measurements stack up against the new-fangled computerized machines..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back