Shift light/rev limit

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
I just noticed that my speedometer was flashing red just as the auto shifted. Does that mean it was pulling power when it flashed? I don't do many wot pulls at night, and never noticed it before. I raised the rev limit to 7100 since it shifts just before 7000. Before I auto swapped it when I hit that rev limiter it would lay down

13 GT TVS 6R80

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
The premium cars all have the shift light in the gauges. It's not an adjustable one though so, it's going to flash at the factory rev limit.

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
My question was, if as it flashed was it pulling power? I raised the rev limit so it shifts before rev limit now

13 GT TVS 6R80

Last edited:

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
When I was manual and hit rev limit it was like it shut off. Auto needs no shift light

13 GT TVS 6R80

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
I was not in select shift. It feels like it shifts firmer I guess I will know next time I go to the track if it gains some

13 GT TVS 6R80

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
It's just a light...the rev limiter pulls power.

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
What I thought was happening was that my tune had shift points right at redline and maybe bumping limiter during shifts. Since I raised the rev limit it won't be happening now

13 GT TVS 6R80

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
The light comes on when you hit the redline. The rev limiter comes on when you hit the rev limit. It's not pulling any power when the light flashes, it's just indicating you've hit the redline on the tachometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
The light comes on when you hit the redline. The rev limiter comes on when you hit the rev limit. It's not pulling any power when the light flashes, it's just indicating you've hit the redline on the tachometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I thought it flashed at rev limit. I am still going to leave the rev limit in the tune at 7100 since it shifts at 7.

13 GT TVS 6R80

noldevin

forum member
Reaction score
The color changing on the cluster is not adjustable or linked to anything else, so even if your car was set to shift at 7400 and rev limit was 7500, it would still turn red when the needle hits around 6900

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back