i want to buy a k-member for 13

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Slander is to defame one's reputation via spoken words.

Actually, "slander" at common law is simply the oral or spoken defamation used to defame someone and not the actual act of defaming someone (as contrasted to "libel", which is written or otherwise recorded).

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just got new suspension, front and rear.

SWEET! What all did you get?

You forgot to mention the ones who are racing at the track every week, traveling to shows-explaining how their parts work, designing parts on their lunch breaks and "after-hours", helping people online from their cell phone while wrapping Christmas presents for their children, assisting some of the fastest cars out there and helping "other" companies design unique components.....and building their personal cars in their spare-time (10:00PM - 2:00AM) during the work-week.

So, what set-up did you go with?

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
So, what set-up did you go with?

I had 2 requirements:

1. Meet NHRA stock eliminator rules
2. No rubber or urethane anywhere

Most don't have product which meets one or both of my requirements. I will say that no, I didn't just buy the CJ suspension(has urethane). I hope to be out on the new suspension and 30x9 tires soon. The car ran 127 to the 1/4 at the TX mile, and that is babying it out without 1st gear, so I think it should do well.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds fun.

So your car is now full of Delrin and Sphericals, I assume?

When you say no rubber or urethane, are you also referring to the front LCA pivot points?

And FWIW, since the CJ uca ironically looks just like a BMR piece, we have a part # to upgrade that to a bearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
What's funny is wbt and kdanner are like a 2 for one deal. Wherever one goes, the other is there as well. Its almost like they're married. lol.

Also, wbt, do you shave your arms and legs? If so, do you use vagisil as well?

:p

Sent from your moms room...

No. What's horribly gay is the name you placed on your car. Something you bought, not built.

Anything else you have to say?

Next, my point in this thread was to discuss weight of said part(s). We learned several things:

1. Vendors aren't providing the correct weights.
2. We don't have any independent measurements for one vendor's parts.

Everyone keeps saying there is a 4lbs. difference however are looking at the wrong data.

The independent measurements performed show a 28lbs. weight savings for the UPR piece. We have none for BMR so what is the real difference?

You guys can believe who/what you want however we are missing a critical data point.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Really?

I posted what our K weighs, minus the a arm bolts and washers.

And it wasn't on a "health O meter" scale........

I think the readers can put 2 and 2 together.

You weighed the UPR at 22..... and ours is 26.4. From what I have gathered, we weighed them similarly, except you MAY have weighed the UPR with the a arm boltsand washers. 1/2 lb max?

At the end of the day, 90+% of every S197 that has a tubular K, has a BMR. Those thousands of people saved more weight than they were told.

On that note, we will surely be the first company to have a tubular K.for the 2015. I wonder if our competitors are going to let us own that market for 9 years too! Here's to hoping so!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
... racing at the track every week, traveling to shows-explaining how their parts work, designing parts on their lunch breaks and "after-hours", helping people online from their cell phone while wrapping Christmas presents for their children, assisting some of the fastest cars out there and helping "other" companies design unique components.....and building their personal cars in their spare-time (10:00PM - 2:00AM) during the work-week.

Pretty good summary of my life right there. I'm working 65 hours a week now, so I have to get creative to fit garage time with my hoopties into my schedule. But it's working so far. I was just talking to Matt at Steeda about hooking up a little match race between me & Scott Boda, driving our own vehicles. You should get in on this! (Most likely @ Pony Wars or NMRA BMP)

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Really?

I posted what our K weighs, minus the a arm bolts and washers.

And it wasn't on a "health O meter" scale........

I think the readers can put 2 and 2 together.

You weighed the UPR at 22..... and ours is 26.4. From what I have gathered, we weighed them similarly, except you MAY have weighed the UPR with the a arm boltsand washers. 1/2 lb max?

At the end of the day, 90+% of every S197 that has a tubular K, has a BMR. Those thousands of people saved more weight than they were told.

On that note, we will surely be the first company to have a tubular K.for the 2015. I wonder if our competitors are going to let us own that market for 9 years too! Here's to hoping so!

I read between the lines and I don't trust a damn thing you have to say. Go find a customer who has done the proper measurements. It doesn't matter the scale used. I am interested in the differences they have to post with all parts that get replaced. I think you are butt hurt because you don't have the proper data for comparison.

wbt, just curious, but, shouldn't your sig say "2nd fastest"?

Not at all. casper gt's car, driven by JPC at a private track rental in -1.500' DA, did not run faster MPH than I have in +1,300' DA on a general day track outing.

My signature used to say quickest/fastest. When JPC set the record with the quickest time I removed that part, albeit temporarily. Just in case you haven't followed his car at all, it has never been 10's since that private track day even running more effective gear with a CJ intake. Head scratcher....

Now answer me this, compared to UPR, how many cars do you sponsor that hold records? I would like to see the comparison.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
No their was one that was ready to go with everything. It wasent BMR or UPR it was someone else... I want to say Kenny somthing.. :idea:

BTW if your worried about 4lbs get off your ass and go jogging or take a big shit..

Starting to wish I got the UPR kmember, the shop my car has been at the past few months is across the street from a donut shop that has awesome crullers. I'm up easily over 4lbs...might have to try that jogging thing you mentioned. Luckily the car is back home now so no more donuts for me.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds fun.

So your car is now full of Delrin and Sphericals, I assume?

When you say no rubber or urethane, are you also referring to the front LCA pivot points?

And FWIW, since the CJ uca ironically looks just like a BMR piece, we have a part # to upgrade that to a bearing.

After a little time on the lathe and some welding there's some del-a-lum in the front control arms. All spherical on the rear and rules don't allow the lowers to be adjustable or to have heims.

BLK2012GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well since no one answered my other question. Maybe I can get help with choosing the best engine oil for my car and the best weight? Any input would be great.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Well since no one answered my other question. Maybe I can get help with choosing the best engine oil for my car and the best weight? Any input would be great.

Where are your track times?

I am looking at Ennis on 8/17, you down? :beer:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
No. What's horribly gay is the name you placed on your car. Something you bought, not built.

Anything else you have to say?

Damn, I didn't know you fabricated your own car, machined your own pistons, cast your own block, designed and fabricated your own intake, etc.

LMAO!

I guess the countless hours in my garage, busted knuckles, and sweat mean I bought it. I had help, yes, but haven't we all? Geez, you need a hug too man. LOL.

Sent from your moms room...

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
This thread is so full of WIN!

I've learned absolutely nothing, yet...but I'm a "glass is half full" kinda guy.
I'm still hopeful!

LOL

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Now answer me this, compared to UPR, how many cars do you sponsor that hold records? I would like to see the comparison.

Are you new to the S197 world, or what?

Grab a snickers. (We don't need to sponsor people)

Here are some notable BMR suspension cars. No stickers, no sponsorships.... just good 'ole BMR parts......

-Fastest Standing Mile Mustang in the World
-2nd Fastest Standing Mile Mustang
-3rd Fastest Standing Mile Mustang
-Fastest Boss 302 Standing Mile
-First 8 Second S197
-First 9 Second S197
-First 10 Second S197
-Fastest NA Coyote Mustang in the World
-Fastest Coyote Stock Pass
-Mark Duber (fastest stock TVS GT500 - 9.8@143)
-Mark Meiring - Fastest GT500 (8.15@170)
-Beefcake (had/has records)?
-Coffeeman (Full BMR)
-Lund Racing TT Car
-Lethal Performance Record Setting Cars ran BMR
-Evolutions Record Setting Cars ran/run BMR

That isn't even a fraction of the start of our "list".....

Name a fast S197. Not a car like MMR's....but a fast S197. We can play that game, and I will tell you if they are running BMR.

We do not have a true-sponsorship program. We do however, assist our racers....and help/compensate them in several ways, but we do not sponsor them.

This is just S197................. You wouldn't even believe the list on the GM side....:beerdrink:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty good summary of my life right there. I'm working 65 hours a week now, so I have to get creative to fit garage time with my hoopties into my schedule. But it's working so far. I was just talking to Matt at Steeda about hooking up a little match race between me & Scott Boda, driving our own vehicles. You should get in on this! (Most likely @ Pony Wars or NMRA BMP)

Sweet!

So, are you actually working at the UPR Facility these days, or from home?

I'd like to see the shocker do some battling.

After a little time on the lathe and some welding there's some del-a-lum in the front control arms. All spherical on the rear and rules don't allow the lowers to be adjustable or to have heims.

NICE!

Sounds like a great set-up.

Looking forward to seeing results, especially on that size rear tire.

WBT:

Oh, forgot a few honorable mentions.......

Fastest (3) 3V cars in the world, all run mostly BMR.

Greg @ RET's build is full BMR. He didn't even get it from us for a "deal"...he ordered it all through Summit Racing. This car will probably be the fastest car to run a full BMR Set-up, in the 1/4 mile.

I would imagine if you look at the list on this site, the top (10) fastest cars, on this site, I bet 8 of them run BMR front suspension.

EDIT: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5218

That link, the fastest car in each category on this web-site, ALL run a full BMR Front Suspension at the time of their fastest pass.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back