Coolant res. relocation

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
POwer steering moved. swaybar coming off today, next project is moving the coolant resevoir.

It looks like the smaller vent line is 3/8, so im good there, what size is the larger tube?

Whos done it?
Whered you move it to?
Pics and parts used post it up, thanks.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Makin room for the turbo and piping, doing dual slim fans and ditching the stock fan shroud so the tanks gota move

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What I did probably won't apply to you cause you still have PS, right?

But if it gives you any ideas, I deleted my power steering and went to a manual rack and I used the power steering resevoir for the coolant resevoir.

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
Here is where mine is. This reservoir comes with the Vortech/Paxton kit. I'm sure you could find one for sell as some people have upraded. It uses the factory coolant cap

IMAG0516-1.jpg

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
i just made a new bracket to mount it to the strut tower, then had to swivel the hose around and cut it down. done! because you have a 07 (like me), you will have to cut the plastic hose clamp off the lower hose and put a regular hose clamp on it. it was in build thread i think.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool converting to a mini coolant tank using the power steering, but yeah i still have mine.

Thats a clean vortech coolant tank fits right in there.

Im trying to low cost this so would like to keep the stocker.

So one eye, the stock hoses reach over to drivers side strut?

Im not sure what you mean by plastic hose clamp ( i see a plastic union with no clamps down there)

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool converting to a mini coolant tank using the power steering, but yeah i still have mine.

Thats a clean vortech coolant tank fits right in there.

Im trying to low cost this so would like to keep the stocker.

So one eye, the stock hoses reach over to drivers side strut?

Im not sure what you mean by plastic hose clamp ( i see a plastic union with no clamps down there)

yes,the hose reaches very easy,you have to cut some of it off becuase it will be way too long.that plastic union you see is a plastic tee and it has some sort of a plastic clamp that is heatshrunk onto the tee. so you have to dremel the old clamp off and use a regular clamp after its cut off,did you look at mu turbo build thread, i think i have full pictures of that whole process of moving the tank over.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will check it out, since still not sure what ya did lol Its hard to catch everything as its 40 + pages long haha

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see now, dremel it is lol, looks like i will going with the same place u did although im going to make the smaller hose longer and hide it some. Just gota fab up a bracket as well. Going to buy a single 16" slim fan instead of the dual 12's. And get a oil filter relocation kit.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Done got it moved to the driver side strut tower, and still fit my cai heat sheild hehe

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dremeled off the plastic tab on the bottom that slipped into the stock fan shroud, to let it sit lower next to the strut tower.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
its amazing how much room you can make. i put 2 fans in fron tof my radiator also to draw in air when im in the staging lanes at the track. they are wired to my fog light switch,so i have a total of 4 fans.

hellion

Banned
Reaction score
here is what i did with my coolant system
photo.jpg
i have now decided to change it a little i tapped a 90 -10an fitting and use a csr inline filler with -12 an fitting capped one side off and use the other side attached to the 90 worked before but my welder was broke so i have recently rebuilt it and will be using that instead of a inline filler,i will then drop the 90 degree black hose downward and then mate a inline cooler temp coupling and then use the flex hose to run to the radiator,at the top of the filler neck the overflow will run into the line returning to the motor which originally went to the coolant tank

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its amazing how much room you can make. i put 2 fans in fron tof my radiator also to draw in air when im in the staging lanes at the track. they are wired to my fog light switch,so i have a total of 4 fans.

I know right, im having fun with it too lol. Im def gonna steal your rad top mount trick too.

Well i looked at the cfm of the dual 12's and they were rated at 900 cfm a piece.(1800 total) and the 16'' slim is rated at 2000 cfm. So i went with the 16" i measured the stock fan blade diameter and its around 17-18 inchec. So the 16'' should work great.

Willy, the stock fan has a high low spead thermostat, so if i bypass the thermostat so the fan runs all the time. it should get full voltage/current and run on high all the time right?

Thats pretty slick willy (pun intended lol) using the fog switch wiring is right there anyways.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
here is what i did with my coolant system
View attachment 10476
i have now decided to change it a little i tapped a 90 -10an fitting and use a csr inline filler with -12 an fitting capped one side off and use the other side attached to the 90 worked before but my welder was broke so i have recently rebuilt it and will be using that instead of a inline filler,i will then drop the 90 degree black hose downward and then mate a inline cooler temp coupling and then use the flex hose to run to the radiator,at the top of the filler neck the overflow will run into the line returning to the motor which originally went to the coolant tank

Sounds slick too, post some pics and datalogs some iat's on this man

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I know right, im having fun with it too lol. Im def gonna steal your rad top mount trick too.

Well i looked at the cfm of the dual 12's and they were rated at 900 cfm a piece.(1800 total) and the 16'' slim is rated at 2000 cfm. So i went with the 16" i measured the stock fan blade diameter and its around 17-18 inchec. So the 16'' should work great.

Willy, the stock fan has a high low spead thermostat, so if i bypass the thermostat so the fan runs all the time. it should get full voltage/current and run on high all the time right?

Thats pretty slick willy (pun intended lol) using the fog switch wiring is right there anyways.

yup, i cant remember exactly what wires did what,but i have them running on high all the time. I think i even installed a relay to make sure it was getting as much current as possible and just used the factory wiring as the switch for the relay.

when you look at my radiator you cant really see but just the back of it after drilling the new holes in the bracket and bringing it forward.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back