Thump KB snout Brace

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
pm3002kl.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

hi guys

I believe lots of you already know what dose it do so here a quick "answer" for those who doesn't know what dose it do .

Start your car and have someone rev the engine while you watch the snout of the blower. you will see the entire blower and snout flex with the belt. it causes belt slip and can cause alignment problems when it flexes. This Brace will mount under the snout using the 2 bolts that go into the water crossover tube. It will prevent the blower from flexing at all and keeps the blower snout from flexing which keeps the belt in full contact with the pulley.

It fits 2005-2006 3V 4.6L motors with a Kenne Bell Kit .

so the problem is Thump guys don't make it anymore so if we can get at less 5 people want'em they may get it for us

so who is interested ?

Last edited:

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I want one. Tried my local machine shops, gave them a pic. two said no, and one wanted alot of cash...

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
correction, will fit the 05-06 guys or anyone who converted to a 05 style cooling system. I do not believe it will clear the 07 cooling system due to the placement of the thermostat.

for anyone wondering why it isnt made anymore, there jsut wasnt enough interest at the time and once the ones made were sold, there wasnt enough interest to make a new batch.

I can say with 100% certainty, i have witnessed the blower flex. It wil lcause the belt to walk on the pulleys on TOP of the ribs instead of between them liek it should. This product is a MUST for KB cars.

And for any naysayers that think mounting it into a water crossover tube will be a problem? 4 years and running here with no issue!

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
correction, will fit the 05-06 guys or anyone who converted to a 05 style cooling system. I do not believe it will clear the 07 cooling system

corrected it

thanks man

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no problem. I want to see some guys get in on this and finally solve their belt problems. Really is the only way to control that flex. There's nothing else out there that will do it for you.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Surprised there wasnt enough interest in this piece and even more surprised that KB doesnt make their own design and add it into the kits.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back