Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

asianskater91

forum member
Reaction score
also guys ive been in the lower end model of the mustang, and it has just a black plastic textured part, i wouldnt mind thouse door panels...

07blackGT

forum member
Reaction score
Did this to my doors again (3rd time) and it sagged again. Was pissed one day and just ripped the driver side completely off. Found these panels for sale so i plan on doing this to mine too. He had them stripped and painted.

C7C75628-D510-4D14-99D4-6BDF10D95FB9-30435-00000C40ED2225E1.jpg

BA95983E-2E93-4266-B8C0-B4C8B6A84CB3-30435-00000C40F4A23403.jpg

where did you find these?

SolarWar

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder how much of a pia it would be to do this to mine. I've tried the stated method but they eventually come right off. I'm too cheap to take it to a shop, but this may be what I'll end up doing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

asianskater91

forum member
Reaction score
i can tsee the link, but is he selling the whole door panel or just the panel part? i did the glue and they just fell off again, im so like fed up, i wanna do something that wont just come off an hour after i do it rofl

voodoo

forum member
Reaction score
also guys ive been in the lower end model of the mustang, and it has just a black plastic textured part, i wouldnt mind thouse door panels...

What years and what trim level (V6?) are these door panels on? I'd rather go that route and eliminate the insert problem entirely. In the meantime, I'm going to to go the same route as the OP, just with the door panel removed.

asianskater91

forum member
Reaction score
the year im not to sure about t, and yeah i think it was the v6! and i rode around with out my door panels...looks ghetto :[ but flappy leather doesnt look much better :[

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
What adhesive did you guys use? I used the fabric adhesive and it seems to be a whole lot better than the all purpose I've used in the past on other projects!

voodoo

forum member
Reaction score
Its off a premium with the shaker 1000. Its the whole panel

No, I'm talking about the ones with no insert from the factory. There's one on ebay. The part number appears to be 5R33-6323943-AB35B8. That one is a bit too scratched up for my taste, but personally I believe this to be the best solution to the problem.

Reglued my left door panel insert last night using the OP's method. Mine didn't turn out anywhere near as good as his did. One complication I had was that the insert had fallen down below the door pull, making for a much trickier reinstall. But if it holds up for a few weeks or so until I can get the above door panels, I'll be satisfied.

Last edited:

BMWS52

Boss302
Reaction score
I did this the other week. I did not buy the best suede for this because it was thin. I bought the most expensive stuff they had at the fabric store but it was micro suede. So i had to be very careful about applying it.
IMAG0302_zpsc2116235.jpg

IMAG0304_zps0a50a3f0.jpg

IMAG0305_zps59f06f16.jpg

IMAG0307_zps4b346ebf.jpg

I know in this picture it looks kind of pink but it is a dark red.
IMAG0308_zpse9c7cef8.jpg

asianskater91

forum member
Reaction score
i drilled out the plastic welds in the back hoping i could fix it good..need a new door panel now lmfao fmllll! i hate this stupid stuff i swear hahah

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
i drilled out the plastic welds in the back hoping i could fix it good..need a new door panel now lmfao fmllll! i hate this stupid stuff i swear hahah
you can use the uphostery screws with the big washer head and put them back together. just make sure you get the length right. did this with mine and it is way more solid than the door panel was before.

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
My driver's side panel just fell down... no signs of sagging... just popped right off last saturday morning. FML

asianskater91

forum member
Reaction score
what did you do David?
Well i saw someone post they just drilled the plastic welds off the back and took off the arm rest part so you can get the whole fabric off and stuf so i tried and idkhow im gonna get it back together, but jessew did it below so ill try hah
you can use the uphostery screws with the big washer head and put them back together. just make sure you get the length right. did this with mine and it is way more solid than the door panel was before.
oh i see, well most of my plastic weld left overs are just like non existent but we shall see, at my work we have some realy really strong glue made for autobody ish so i might have to use that haha
My driver's side panel just fell down... no signs of sagging... just popped right off last saturday morning. FML
wow thats retarded, this is like the worst part, just so inconvientent haha, my car looks retarded wit no door panels haha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back