Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

BMWS52

Boss302
Reaction score
HAHA I know what yall mean. A girl got into my car when the panels were hanging and looked at me funny. She then said "Your car sounds like its broken and then when I get in here, the inside is falling apart too!"

Black3vGT

Reaction score
attachment.php

I still might do some touch up on it, but i'm pretty much done. This was considerably harder then I thought it was going to be. But considering how cheap the fabric was and what it looked like before i'm pretty happy with it.

Now I need to find someone to do the glove box for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 277

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank YOU

I was about to pull my fucking hair out because this just happened to my car. The TX heat is hell on them too!

Like a good S197forum bro, I used the search button until I found this.

Mods: a key word like door trim, peeling, etc. would help with the search.

Thanks for the fix here!!! Now I know what I gotta do today!

BTW, a toothbrush and hand held nylon stiff bristle brush works good for getting that old foamy shit off the door and the toothbrush is great for getting into the crack between the door panel and such….

Mike

Last edited:

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
HAHA I know what yall mean. A girl got into my car when the panels were hanging and looked at me funny. She then said "Your car sounds like its broken and then when I get in here, the inside is falling apart too!"
:roflmao:
attachment.php

I still might do some touch up on it, but i'm pretty much done. This was considerably harder then I thought it was going to be. But considering how cheap the fabric was and what it looked like before i'm pretty happy with it.

Now I need to find someone to do the glove box for me.
This looks damn good! I might have to get me an extra set of door panels and replace the leather with some silver suede like this. Hopefully it can add to the "wow" factor at some car shows. Where'd ya get the fabric from?

Black3vGT

Reaction score
I bought the fabric from a seller on ebay, it was stupid cheap at like $10 a yard.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Tried several times with the op's method never lasted or worked right. Finally took the drivers side to the upholstery shop today. 50.00 a side.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
They took off the old vinyl and replaced with new. Slightly different but I had to stare to notice a difference. I however was not happy with the amount of glue seeping over the edges. So they are redoing it today and I will be picking it up sometime tomorrow. But while i wait i went and had my windshield re tinted. The morning drive to work is almost unbearable and this morning was the last straw.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Got my panels back............ Already starting to bubble away. PISSED does not come seem to sum it up.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Took the panels back to upholstery shop. They are redoing the entire panels. I told them if it happens again or any other screw up They will be buying a new set of door panels.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well my passenger door panel leather finally decided to peel back from the top today. Knew it was coming because of the 2 large bubbles I've been keeping an eye on the past few months.

Glad I found this thread. Now to make the decision if I want to do it myself or take it to an upholstery shop and change both panels to suede or Alcantara.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I did mine today using this guide. Big thanks to the OP.

I used a wire brush to scrape off all the crap and it took no time at all to remove. It's not perfect, but it's not held up by painter's tape anymore either. I think if I can locate a syringe and fill it with some epoxy that I can seal up those small holes. If not, it's not that bad. Looks way worse in the photos.

gbzM9.jpg

I think if you have GOOD spray adhesive readily available, I'd put a light coat on FIRST just to get the surface prepped and tacky. Some of the spots on the door have a REALLY hard time accepting the contact cement, although the majority of it accepts it pretty easily. Probably took me a little over an hour beginning to end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back