What have you done to your mustang today?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Got a timing kit, FRPP header gaskets, and O2 extensions on the way. Time for Hot Rods, Kooks LT's and catted X, Koni's, LCAs and relo brackets to get off the shelf and on my car!
Oh and I totally screwed up my driver's side door panel insert trying to glue it back...but that goes in the other thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Don't say that! I'm just getting started with this project! LOL

Looks awesome though! Well done!

Thanks! But it's the truth, the kit is a mess.

Once I go blow thru I should be really able to clean it up a bit.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
It might just be my mind's eye but it's a noticeable difference to me. About 1/4" taller than the 245. Look nice an meaty from the rear but didn't measure. I also like them because they are closer to factory 235/50s as far as circumference according to the tire calculator I have.

Now I've got about a month or so to decide if I want a square setup with 255 on the front also. Kinda like the mild stagger, but I like to rotate my tires to get the most mileage outta them.

Yeah that's a hard decision. It is nice to be able to rotate. I think when my rears wear out I will pick up a set of 255s next as well. Might be a while though... Which is a good thing I guess. Maybe I should start trying to wear them down ;)

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
It might just be my mind's eye but it's a noticeable difference to me. About 1/4" taller than the 245. Look nice an meaty from the rear but didn't measure. I also like them because they are closer to factory 235/50s as far as circumference according to the tire calculator I have.

Now I've got about a month or so to decide if I want a square setup with 255 on the front also. Kinda like the mild stagger, but I like to rotate my tires to get the most mileage outta them.

How wide are your rims?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
The finish line is finally in sight, Lito is the man! his customer service is tops! Also want to thank my sponsor SCT Drive for furnishing the Live Wire TS+ and all the stuff they have sent to me.. The Whipple installation is a lot different than installing the Vortech, which both take time to do.. I'll be helping my friend install the vortech on his car in about week or two, which shouldn't take long to do once we start it. I really like the way the Whipple has turned out, I know i'm crazy because in a few months I'll be taking it back off to send the engine for full bottom end build, then putting the Whipple back on.

Attachments

• canton tank 3.jpg
    canton tank 3.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 23
  • canton tank 1.jpg
    canton tank 1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 24

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! But it's the truth, the kit is a mess.

Once I go blow thru I should be really able to clean it up a bit.

At least you can drive your car! Mine is sitting in the corner of the shop sans engine while I wait on the pistons from Manley. Sitting idle has given me WAY too much time to think about the blower, fuel system, etc. :helpme:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally installed the BMR Watts Link I've had for almost 8 months.

20160707_BMR-Watts01.jpg

Brief test drive after, I love it.
Can't wait to drive the car some more, throw it into some more corners!!!!

20160707_BMR-Watts12.jpg

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Had just come back from a friends place, 6 blocks away. Stopped to pick up a grease gun with synthetic grease in it. Backed out of driveway..and heard this gawdawful clunking and clanging. Pulled back in, same deal. Busted the pass side front strut (roush) clean in half. Not having much luck these days.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Swapped my 16psi out with my 8psi pulley and swapped brake pads in preparation for road racing at Autobahn Country Club this weekend.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Had just come back from a friends place, 6 blocks away. Stopped to pick up a grease gun with synthetic grease in it. Backed out of driveway..and heard this gawdawful clunking and clanging. Pulled back in, same deal. Busted the pass side front strut (roush) clean in half. Not having much luck these days.

How in the hell did you do that?!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score

Buy some cheap 18x10 wheels and run 285's all around. Love my setup.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score

Cool beans. Looking forward to more updates.

Swapped my 16psi out with my 8psi pulley and swapped brake pads in preparation for road racing at Autobahn Country Club this weekend.

niiiiiiice....have fun

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Cool beans. Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks, yeah I'm looking forward to driving the car again ... I've wanted a Watts Link since about 3 years ago I helped a friend install a Fays2 unit on his otherwise-stock '12 GT/CS and even with the OEM 245/45/19 tires the car was awesome on on/off-ramps!

Those are 18x10s in your sig? I would've sworn those were 20s.

They're 20x10 and I think he's running 285's front and rear, that's why he's saying that

travelers

Reaction score

20160707_BMR-Watts01.jpg

20160707_BMR-Watts12.jpg

Congrats it's looking good. I see you haven't put a aluminum DS back in yet.
Passed NJ Inspection thanks to Lito THE MAN!

Now that's always a good thing.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats it's looking good. I see you haven't put a aluminum DS back in yet.

Thanks and no, still running the trusty factory driveshaft.
You hear on forums of people breaking the factory ones, but never hear of that happening locally.
So I'll keep running the factory piece for the foreseeable future.
This recently happened to a buddy with a blown Boss:
Shaftmasters shaft???

driveshaft1.jpg

driveshaft2.jpg

Back