To weld axles tube ot not to weld...

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
That has been corrected in the latest revision of this bracket. Kelly at BMR worked a deal with CHE and Charles at CHE verified with me Thursday that the bracket is now compliant with no mods to work with the BMR relo brackets. BMR wanted to introduce one but since it would look so much like a copy of the CHE bracket they worked deal with CHE so neither company was accused of Unauthorized Product Reproduction, AKA - copy catting. Got to respect both company's for that. A BMR revision installation procedure is also available on line at CHE Performance. Only thing that needs be done is drill two 3.8" holes on the drivers side (standard install instruction for either config) and of course the holes on the gussets up at the pinion where the bracket supports and mounts there in the event none are present. Thanks for the 411 however.

I am talking about the sway bar bracket, not the lowering brackets. I just installed the CHE brace a few weeks ago. It works with the relocation brackets, but you do have to cut part of the sway bar bracket, not the relocation brackets, if you are using a BMR adj rear sway bar. I might not have explained it clearly in my post above. There's a picture of this mod in my photo album.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm running a stock sway bar. Just running relocation brackets for the LCA's. I'll double check when and if I can ever get hold of these guys at CHE. I called four times Friday to place an order and no answer or indication they were out racing or anything. I'm guessing maybe they are at Memphis for the street car races.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Got the car in to S&M Motorsports yesterday. Adam Maurer an awesome young technician (young relative to my age LOL!) with tons of experience and a great attention for detail got me hooked up. We pulled the rear axle, broke it down and he went to work. Properly heated everything up to cherry red before welding so the welds took, wrapped with a heat blanket to hold the heat in so it did not cool to quickly to assure the welds wouldn't weaken or crack (takes longer but he's a stickler for detail in doing it right) and welded up the relocation brackets afterward before assembling.

NOTE - found the carrier bearing outer races had evidence of spinning in the housing. So replaced the carrier bearings along with axle bearings (for good measure) while in there and of course pinion gear and axles seals.

First hand craftsmanship from beginning to end.

Adam does quality work. If you are anywhere near the SW Ohio area its worth the trip. He's even better at tuning than turning wrenches and believe me you, that says a lot. Never seen many with the attention to detail he has for precision mechanical work.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back