Variable muffler + WOT Box = ?

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with running a variable exhaust like the Dynomax VT with a WOT Box?

I know with the no lift shift you do not want to run a chambered muffler. The dynomax VT aren't chambered and when opened they are a somewhat straight through design. I would love the ability to have a quiet car while driving through the neighborhood but straight through at the track.

Anyone have a hypothesis if they would work or pop on the first no lift shift?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Going by what the gentleman is saying in the video, it's driven by pressure so I am thinking it will pop open when the impending fireball is on it's way out. BUT how violently it will happen is yet to be determined. Also I think there is a bit of suction before the fireball action happens, which would close this valve?

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking that as long as there isn't too much spring pressure the muffler should be fine. I sent dynomax a message so I'll let everyone know what they say. I read some poor reviews that came out around 2012 about the springs breaking, but nothing recent.

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
Moving parts inside a muffler never seem to last very long but IF their "Lifetime Warranty" actually works they may have something??:whistle1:

Has anybody heard the sounds they produce??:confused:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back