Tach adaptor

forum member
Reaction score
It looks like I will to get a tach signal from my '06 for my 6r80 install. I will be using Baumann Quick 6 controller and they recommend installing an Autometer Tach adaptor #9117. How reliable is that tach adaptor? Is there any other other options for getting a tach signal? I am wondering if something like a 2-step has a tach signal generator. Baumann recommends against tapping into on coil for the signal.
I am open for ideas.
Thanks for the help.

Edit. Mods - I thought I put this in Chat. Apparently, I can't move it. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
I ran my auto meter tach adaptor since 07 up to last year with no issues.

I took it off because a friend walked me through how to get a clean tach signal from the PCM.

Don't ask me how
Because I can't remember now.

forum member
Reaction score
I ran my auto meter tach adaptor since 07 up to last year with no issues.

I took it off because a friend walked me through how to get a clean tach signal from the PCM.

Don't ask me how
Because I can't remember now.

How? You know I had to ask. I am pretty sure 07 and up have a tach signal at the PCM.
Thanks for the information.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
So I've had my N2MB wot box mounted for about 5 years now and the 2 ignition coil wires that it taps into get cut and the wot box passes on the power. I'm trying to figure out all of my wiring for the Quick 6 too. I guess I'm going to use that same power for the Red Power PIN 9 of the Quick 6.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back