2005 gt struggles to rev up at speed

Toddwagner

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here, just wondering if anyone could help me diagnose a problem on my 05 manual gt.
When I'm cruising at speed, like 65mph, and I want to down shift I push the clutch in and hit the gas to rev match, but the rpm's don't respond immediately. They don't fall, they just stay the same even though I'm pushing the gas... To get them to raise up I have to keep my foot on the gas for longer than normal. Any idea what this could be? Charge motion valves??
Thanks

46addict

Reaction score
Did you just notice this after owning the car for a while, or is this a new car for you?
This is normal behavior on a stock, untuned Mustang.

46addict

Reaction score
Lightly modded. I have a CAI, bama tune, and it's straight piped after the cats. It has been happening since new when all it had was roush axel-backs...

The Bama tune probably isn't helping your case but if it's been happening since new, that confirms my suspicion of the stock PCM settings doing their thing. Evidently Bama did not fix this for you when you purchased a tune from them (surprise surprise).

Lito or any reputable tuner will be able to tune this out. Send him a PM, or you can shop around.

Toddwagner

Reaction score
The Bama tune probably isn't helping your case but if it's been happening since new, that confirms my suspicion of the stock PCM settings doing their thing. Evidently Bama did not fix this for you when you purchased a tune from them (surprise surprise).

Lito or any reputable tuner will be able to tune this out. Send him a PM, or you can shop around.
So I'm new here, can you explain the Lito tune thing real quick? I've been seeing a lot of people saying similar things and I'm lost!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back