Do yall think this is OK?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
When you refer to brand B, are you referring to Bama or also Brenspeed and JDM engineering ? To my knowledge, Brenspeed and JDM do not offer remote tuning via datalogging.. Therefore would their e-mail tunes be considered as canned tunes :shrug:

Bama = Bama. I have never used or personally known anyone who used JDM.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Awesome...thks! My son just purchased BAMA tuner, against my recommendation, for his '16 CA GT. Might need to convince him to go elsewhere for the tune files. Appreciate the assist and that's why this site's so awesome!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Awesome...thks! My son just purchased BAMA tuner, against my recommendation, for his '16 CA GT. Might need to convince him to go elsewhere for the tune files. Appreciate the assist and that's why this site's so awesome!

Lito only tunes 3v cars though, no 5.0s.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Ah...good to know. He'll need to do some more research, I guess. Thks!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
For the 5.0 there is Lund , Palm Beach ,VMP in no particular order all 3 are good reputable tuners

I currently use VMP. I know Ken B. @ P.B. Dyno and used him when he was here locally to tune three of my vehicles. He wasn't doing his own thing when I was looking for a Coyote tuner option. Both places are great tuners. Can't go wrong with either one.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Bama = Bama. I have never used or personally known anyone who used JDM.

So who would you recommend for the 05-09 4.6 3v cars ? I neither have JDM and especially not Bama.. I have a custom e-mail tune for my Saleen VI blower from Brenspeed I've been running for nearly the past 2 years..

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
So who would you recommend for the 05-09 4.6 3v cars ? I neither have JDM and especially not Bama.. I have a custom e-mail tune for my Saleen VI blower from Brenspeed I've been running for nearly the past 2 years..

I love that 2300 Saleen twin screw. It was a sweet piece. I loved mine.

What are you trying to achieve? Don;t change a thing if its working for you. However if you are unhappy with the tune on your car I would recommend Ken B at Palm Beach Dyno. He tuned three cars for me when he was local. VMP Performance may be worth giving a call to as well. They love FI setups and specialize in positive displacement. Those are who I can recommend from personal experience. Hearsay speaks highly of Lito on this site and Shawn @ AED Performance on another site but i have never used them.

Tell Ken an old MD Motorsports Customer sent you his way.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I'm really happy with the Lund tune on my car. He's really got it dialed in and was very helpful throughout the whole process. I wish I would have had him tune the car from the start. My original tune from PBD was garbage compared to the Lund tune, not to mention all the trouble Ken had trying to get my car running on E85. Kens customer service and turnaround time need a lot of work too.

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I love that 2300 Saleen twin screw. It was a sweet piece. I loved mine.

What are you trying to achieve? Don;t change a thing if its working for you. However if you are unhappy with the tune on your car I would recommend Ken B at Palm Beach Dyno. He tuned three cars for me when he was local. VMP Performance may be worth giving a call to as well. They love FI setups and specialize in positive displacement. Those are who I can recommend from personal experience. Hearsay speaks highly of Lito on this site and Shawn @ AED Performance on another site but i have never used them.

Tell Ken an old MD Motorsports Customer sent you his way.

The Brenspeed e-mail tune appears to be working fine and I did have it tested on the dyno by a local tuning shop 2 years ago.. Therefore I haven't been unhappy with it.. Guess I'm just concerned after reading these posts about the pros and cons over custom e-mail vs custom dyno/remote tunes for FI applications and now I'm debating as to whether not it would be in my best interest to upgrade in getting my car custom dyno/remote tuned or just leave well enough alone as it is :shrug:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
The Brenspeed e-mail tune appears to be working fine and I did have it tested on the dyno by a local tuning shop 2 years ago.. Therefore I haven't been unhappy with it.. Guess I'm just concerned after reading these posts about the pros and cons over custom e-mail vs custom dyno/remote tunes for FI applications and now I'm debating as to whether not it would be in my best interest to upgrade in getting my car custom dyno/remote tuned or just leave well enough alone as it is :shrug:

Leave it alone until you are ready to do some more mods would be my advice. Then seek out a custom tune. The Saleen Twin screw is capable of pushing the 3V internals to their limits without any other mods aside from maybe an H.E. and holding tank upgrade to help keep IAT2 temps down when increasing the boost, and possibly an I.C. I am hearing good things about Department of Boost (DOB) up in Michigan and believe they make an I.C. upgrade for the Saleen twin screw. They make some nice items for the 3V's that support FI applications nicely.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score

If it's fine then leave it alone. Brenspeed has some decent base tunes, they just aren't very good at dialing in for special circumstances. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
I have to throw some good words in for Lund. He was right about everything when he tuned my car. Even after I argued with him about a couple of things that I thought I knew. He was patient with me and didn't say "I told you so" after I admitted my mistakes. The job and customer service was excellent. Car runs like a champ and no dyno's involved yet. All thru emails with data-logging.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Leave it alone until you are ready to do some more mods would be my advice. Then seek out a custom tune. The Saleen Twin screw is capable of pushing the 3V internals to their limits without any other mods aside from maybe an H.E. and holding tank upgrade to help keep IAT2 temps down when increasing the boost, and possibly an I.C. I am hearing good things about Department of Boost (DOB) up in Michigan and believe they make an I.C. upgrade for the Saleen twin screw. They make some nice items for the 3V's that support FI applications nicely.

At present, I have no additional mods planned other than upgrading to a more efficient I.C and H.E in order to get IAT temps cooler..

More than likely, I'll be sticking with my current 3.6 pulley, Saleen 98mm MAF oval airbox cover and stock fuel pump, as my car is mostly street driven as opposed to being ran at the track.. Perhaps down the road, I'll upgrade to a 3.2 pulley, GT500 dual pump and possibly upgrade to 52lb injectors.. But for now 424 RWHP is more than enough power for street usage.. I've also heard and read great things about D.O.B on this forum as well and also on TMS..
In the meantime, thank you for all your feedback support and expertise regarding the Saleen VI twin screws, as there aren't many of us left that still post on these forums :waytogo:

If it's fine then leave it alone. Brenspeed has some decent base tunes, they just aren't very good at dialing in for special circumstances. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Thanks for your feedback and support.. I really appreciate it :beer:

I have to throw some good words in for Lund. He was right about everything when he tuned my car. Even after I argued with him about a couple of things that I thought I knew. He was patient with me and didn't say "I told you so" after I admitted my mistakes. The job and customer service was excellent. Car runs like a champ and no dyno's involved yet. All thru emails with data-logging.

I've read nothing but positive feedback about Lund, VMP tuning, AED and especially Lito on these forums.. IMO you just can't go wrong as their all very excellent choices..

Last edited:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I've had great success with Mike Rousch at Mid Atlantic Performance. He tuned my NA '14 GT for a Circle-D 4E 5000 rpm converter and it rocks at the track and drives nice on the street.

Phil

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have time to go back and forth over email tunes, I've decided to give a local guy the chance on his dyno, I have an extensive travel schedule for work so I don't want to go back and forth over weeks and it seems some of those mentioned are difficult to reach. Thanks for all the reply and suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back