Looking for engine builder

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I planned on lower comp for safer tune since I will go back to 93 at some point. The district placement was to help with torque on lower comp. Sound about right?

what FI set up?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
That's my worry. When pushing 20+psi, I'd like a name behind it like Manley.
I was at 19psi with an F1A. I was planning on going to E85 and turning up the boost. The rods were the least of my concerns really.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I just spoke with Carlson Racing tonight and while the information he provided was disheartening, I appreciate his honesty and insight.
He asked about better flowing heads, stronger valves, harmonic balancer, increased capacity oil pan, timing chain/guides, and more I had not considered

Based on previous reads, I was under the impression that the heads on the 3v flowed very well especially when running FI. The Comp turbo is oil-less, but he still recommended an increased oil pan.

The Eagle cranks he uses (had a lot of issues with scat apparently) have chevy journals and he said he would stroke it to a 5.0 with Manley or similar quality H beam rods, etc, but mentioned the crank, rods, and bearings are still weak and give out over 800hp, and the valves can bend and ruin the heads.

He has his 3v Romeo block sleeved and $25k invested in the motor, because he said the stock sleeves started to flex at 950rwhp.

While he offered to build anything I want, he said for even a $5,000 motor build on my block, it wouldn’t be reliable, and that while many may hit high numbers on less, it is not going to last and that for a reliable build, I would need to triple my budget.

That conversation was very enlightening, though disappointing. I will still be talking with L&M Engines to see what Mike can do.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back