Long Awaited Turbo build...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine has a stock transmission cooler, a/c, and intercooler. No cutting of anything.

what size intercooler do u have, i think 4.5 inch thick is the biggest i can get in there without hacking anything up

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Garrett 3 1/2" thick. Fits between the bumper supports and mounts off of them.

Yeah you should have no problem, this 4.5" thick cooler is only about 3/4" away from the front bumper beam so thats why billy cut the beam to get some more space for airflow. I mounted my a little lower so that it still tucks under the roush fascia which is lower in the front and will get a good size cross secion with air flow.

Well off to tackle the fuel pump install. :)

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
quit taking things so literaly one or the other most likely just ceramic vht paint and wrap the down and up pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby1110
have you thought about coating the hot pipes inside and out along with the exhaust housing it will help. wrap them also with fiberglass.

Yeah i have right now i want to get it on and working then go back and paint, coat, wrap, make it pretty lol[

The last time I checked, also would mean both; or was it you that did not understand bobby1110's post?

Most importantly... you said:

quit... make it pretty lol/QUOTE]

'lightblade', ... :LMAO:

Last edited:

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
yes i meant do both and the vht stuff will come off very fast. it needs to be either ceramic or high temp powder coating which is what i did to mine. pm me and i can give you more info if you are interested.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok so had a few snags during the dual pump install. Iniatilly everything went pretty good. went over to gregs again as 2 heads are always better than one. We got the pumps in the stock hat one ford gt pump in the stock location and second clamped to the ouside and wired them both together. The install kit came with crush clamps one time use deal and they sucked so we replaced all but one of them with worm gear clamps greg had in the garage. Install went pretty smooth was little harder to get the fuel hat back in with the extra hosing and pump but it went off without a hitch. Got it in and install the lock wring and rotated it into place no problem. Took 3-4 key cycle to prime the system and was seeing 55-60 psi on the fuel gauge at key on. Drove it around for 5 minutes and all looked good.

Went to leave gregs and the car was sputtering, checked fuel gauge and was at 5 psi. Fuel was just above e so we added 3-4 gallons. Still no pressue the fuel level sensor is tracking though which is good lol. So we figured a hose blew off one of the pumps and it turns out it was the one crush gear we used, slipped right of so one pump had no way to feed fuel and the other was just going back out the y, dope!

About this time Jesse (2L8IWON) showed up with his stang :) We all took a trip to advanced autos to get a worm gear clamp. Replaced the clamped.

Fate would have it now the hat is being a bitch to get in and the spring asselmby was sliping out from the top of the hat, and the crossover cable was giving us trouble to hook back up. So after installing and removing 4-5 times finally got it to go in. and the hat to didnt want to seat properly on the gasket. So had to mess with that over and over and finally got to sit flat and now the locking ring is giving us trouble. Spent 2-3 hours trying to get the damn locking ring on to no avail, bent and gashed the ring pretty good as well. The shitty thing is the first time in went smooth as butter and if the damn hose hadnt blown off we would have been good to go and wouldnt have had all this heartache.

So anyways car is down till we can get the locking ring on, but here are some pics of the install.

Removal
p_00050-3.jpg

p_00051-3.jpg

p_00052-3.jpg

Disassembly to get the stock fuel pump out. Damn clusterfuck in there
p_00053-3.jpg

Started installing the new pumps and hoses and t wires etc.
p_00054-2.jpg

p_00055-2.jpg

p_00056-1.jpg

p_00057-2.jpg

And a pic of it going back in
p_00059-2.jpg

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
yea those things are a bitch to get in and out. i had that same set up before i went to the triple set up so i have had the pumps in and out of the car several times. and yes it is a bitch every time. it is like the tank needs to be slid back 3" or so to line up with the hole better.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea those things are a bitch to get in and out. i had that same set up before i went to the triple set up so i have had the pumps in and out of the car several times. and yes it is a bitch every time. it is like the tank needs to be slid back 3" or so to line up with the hole better.

Yeah i know if the dam hole in the tank was lined up with the hole in the car it would def be alot easier. We were at our wits end trying to get pressure on the ring to so it would sit flat to lock it into place. I got a find a new locking ring now.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
YOu can buy it, go to tousley ford and view the tank assembly and it breaks it down. About $6 for the ring

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
YOu can buy it, go to tousley ford and view the tank assembly and it breaks it down. About $6 for the ring

Yeah i found it on there under fuel system, sending unit, retainer ring. calling some local dealers here to see if they have them instock.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
you know there are 2 small tabs that if you line them up,then barely turn the hat,the hat will sit flush and will hold its self down right? then you just put the lock ring on and use 2 screwdrivers at the same time to rotate it,one screw driver on each side .getting the tabs lined up and getting the hat to sit fluch before messing with the lock ring is the key.

matt texass

Reaction score
The FPDM should not have a problem running both of those correct? (will the FPDM wiring upgrade help that?)

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The FPDM should not have a problem running both of those correct? (will the FPDM wiring upgrade help that?)

Thats the plan, right now im running the stock single fpdm, with wiring upgrade(10 gauge wire with ran right off the battery) and the 2 ford gt pumps. This is how its been done on the previous gen stangs with a add a pump system. If the single cant handle 500-600rwhp i will add a second oem fpdm and wire one pump to each fpdm.

So far i've made out pretty good, $120 for the setup, plus another $250 for the injectors and adaptors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back