Starter Or Alternator? Please Help

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
So my 2007 mustang v6 has been struggling to start recently, Everything turns on the gauges the radio the lights but when i turn the ignition it clicks several times then turns on, just today the radio didn't turn on right away, i had to push the on button and then it said "LOW BATTERY" like its not getting enough juice, I replaced the battery lest than a year ago so I know its not that, I'm more than positive that its the starter. the odd thing is the Check Engine Light hasn't gone on, Any thoughts, ideas???

Last edited:

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
Take it to Sears and have them load test your battery.

Just because it's a year old, doesn't mean that they go wont go bad.

I used to work at an auto center, and back then, Die Hard Batteries were one of the best you could get and had the best warranty.

Everything has its faults, We'd get returns on those batteries within a week or so sometimes.

Last edited:

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The alternators on our cars have had a less than stellar record too. Now the failures I have seen (and experienced first hand*) have been on V8 cars. Do a search on alternator TSB if your battery comes back ok.

HTH

Mike

* I'm on my 3rd one...

Lone Star

forum member
Reaction score
The Alternator went out on my 2004 F250 after only 2 1/2 years, but I was so far out of the factory warranty, I had to eat the cost of a new one. Like the others said it is not uncommon for a battery that is fairly new to have issues, a lot of batteries sit on shelves for long periods of time. But sounds to me that the alternator is begining to die.

Xporter

Reaction score
Take a volt meter and see how many volts the battery has, check it while running too(with all the acc. on)

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
So I called the local Ford dealer and the Technician Said the Same thing HYSTERIA said. "Load test the battery"

I took it to Auto Zone where I bought it and the guy checked it out and said it was low,
Since its still under warranty he said they have to try to charge it first and if it doesn't keep a charge they will replace it free,:clap:

Ok now lets just say that the battery was fine (not defective) all along, and something is causing my battery to drain, What could it be? I Have the stock radio and no aftermarket parts on my car.
I do Have HID's thought could that be the problem?:idea:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Make sure you turn your radio off before turning the key off!!! The shaker will continue to draw power if the radio is left on and the key is turned off.

Although I haven't had an issue with Autozone batteries going bad prematurely, it could happen.

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
the battery was no good, Auto Zone replaced it free. Still need it take it back so they can check out my alternator.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back