Can a 4.0 sound good?

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound bad, are you still running the pypes mid muffler setup? Maybe my next setup after either the procharger or the Vortech will be a set of Kooks LT's with cats and a Borla touring setup.

5iv

Homo 3.7 and 4.0 owner
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread like this but I didn't want to be burned at the stake. Lol

If I decide to mod my car I'll probably go LT's, O/R X pipe, and borla s type.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bEQ9sZ57Kmo

This setup I LT's with divorced duals going to borla S type's. If I went with the x pipe rather than divorced do you think sound would change much? I actually really like that popping and cracking on deceleration.

Last edited:

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
Under throttle it isn't really too bad... This isn't my first rodeo and I've had my share of v8s prior.
No, this is no v8 sounding exhaust, but it is leagues better than any other v6 exhaust I've come by.

I'm going to swap out the m80s for something a little more mild now.

You'll have to explain that acronym to me. I don't understand how it applies here...?

I'm surprised I haven't been nearly as flamed for this thread, but pleased too. I've done a lot to this car and am glad that I don't have to shuffle through the v6 haters.

I wanted to start a thread like this but I didn't want to be burned at the stake. Lol

If I decide to mod my car I'll probably go LT's, O/R X pipe, and borla s type.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bEQ9sZ57Kmo

This setup I LT's with divorced duals going to borla S type's. If I went with the x pipe rather than divorced do you think sound would change much? I actually really like that popping and cracking on deceleration.

The popping and cracking isn't so much from the x pipe but rather the mufflers. If you're looking to do a custom exhaust setup I now have an x pipe laying around if you're interested.

I definitely need a much more mild muffler than the m80s. Probably go with GTAs....

Last edited by a moderator:

5iv

Homo 3.7 and 4.0 owner
Reaction score
Might hit you up on that offer. I'm hunting for rims right now though.

Don't wanna be "that guy" with a completely stock looking car and loud exhaust.

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
Haha one step at a time. Can't do it all at once. I'm not really trying to move it so it'll be here when you're ready.

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Not sure if i've ever heard a v6 that i really like. Some are better than others though.

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
Just as there are lousy sounding v8s, there are good sounding v6s. They definitely sound different than a v8, just as a v8 is nowhere comparable to a v10 or v12. It's just different, and each one can sound appealing in their own right, IMO.

I sadly admit that even a 4 banger can sound good.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds good to me.

It's just a matter of the right exhaust setup on a six to get the sound perfect, I love the sound of a six cylinder be it a V or inline.

Of course I like the sound of a healthy four banger as well which is why I have an ORP and Borla on my SVT Focus.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
Oh. Too subtle for me I guess? What is ttotd then?

My understanding of that acronym doesn't make sense here...

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh. Too subtle for me I guess? What is ttotd then?

My understanding of that acronym doesn't make sense here...

No worries dude, it's good to dust the cobwebs off 4.0 tech once in a while! :thumb2:

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
I never understood a V8 guy comming into a V6 thread and telling every body how much a V6 sucks. I never will get it.

The Bullit mufflers or also called the GTA mufflers will go a long way to giving you a great sound if you are looking for less volume.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back