3v cobra jet?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I meet this couple who owned a nice 3v cs that had frpp heads, cam, etc with a cobra jet sticker on the back window. So I start talking to this dude, & he tells me his car is a cobra jet! To start, I didn't know there was even a 3v motor option for the cobra jet. He said because he purchased all the frpp/cobra jet partss, he's car is a cobra jet. Does anyone know what this guy is talking about or does he belong in a Honda civic? That's the only crowd I know that puts false stickers on their cars.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it didn't look like this, then I'd put my money on it not being one. The one I watched run at TX2k looked just like this. They also don't have VINs so they aren't "street legal."

2008-ford-cobra-jet-mustang-1-588x392.jpg

Last edited:

tehdixie

the empire business
Reaction score
That's the only crowd I know that puts false stickers on their cars.

Haven't been around the Mustang scene long?

I have seen probably thousands of Faleens and Fobras since I got my first Mustang 13 years ago.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it didn't look like this, then I'd put my money on it not being one. The one I watched tellk looked just like this. They also don't have VINs so they aren't "street legal."

2008-ford-cobra-jet-mustang-1-588x392.jpg

I know what a cj looks like. I just wasnt sure if there was a package of some sort offered by ford. None the less, I walked away saying he belongs in the Honda crowd.

Haven't been around the Mustang scene long?

I have seen probably thousands of Faleens and Fobras since I got my first Mustang 13 years ago.

I've seen plenty if those. Only difference is this guy's Is saying he actually owns a cobra jet...

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it just never ceases to amaze me some the stupid shit that comes out of people's months.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
It's worse when they won't listen once someone who knows better politely corrects them on it.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Almost as bad as a buy around here that has a 91 GT convertible claiming it's a 1 off Cobra. It's a Canada car and the title says Cobra. He doesn't realize they all said that. He even claims to have researched it and it was supposedly ordered by some big wig at Ford.

NO Cobra intake...no rear disc brake rear...no Cobra rims and it's a 91 Convertible.

RH

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
I can't stand those folks that can't tell the truth about anything much less cars. I love the video with the guy talking with dude at the car show about his Mustang GTR with the rotary motor.

msczesny1186

forum member
Reaction score
So I meet this couple who owned a nice 3v cs that had frpp heads, cam, etc with a cobra jet sticker on the back window. So I start talking to this dude, & he tells me his car is a cobra jet! To start, I didn't know there was even a 3v motor option for the cobra jet. He said because he purchased all the frpp/cobra jet partss, he's car is a cobra jet. Does anyone know what this guy is talking about or does he belong in a Honda civic? That's the only crowd I know that puts false stickers on their cars.

What part of Jersey did you see him driving around in? color car? i wana look for this guy haha I live in Somerset County but drive all over.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Saw a v6 with cobra emblems last week, I thought people stopped doing that.
I had to pull my car over and soak it in I was too verklempt to continue driving.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
There is absolutely an NHRA legal 3V CJ combination. This spec'd this engine:http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?partkeyfield=10584 Stock allows any cam duration and those hotrod cams are certainly going to be removed. I'm aware of just one ever being assembled, Charley Downing's car. So if it's not this car, and it doesn't sound like it is, I seriously doubt it.

martinproam2.jpg

Im confused, the hot rod engine comes with the hot rod cams and if this engine is required to run a NHRA specd Cobra Jet then how is removing them legal? I am probably reading your response incorrectly though.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What part of Jersey did you see him driving around in? color car? i wana look for this guy haha I live in Somerset County but drive all over.

The car show was at the Grand Market Place on rt 130 in Willingboro. The car it's self was nice, I'm guessing it was a 2007 black California Special with fat ass Cobra Jet sticker on the back window. It had FRPP intake manifold, FRPP TB, some type of cam (guessing hot rods). I was really digging the car till he told me it was a Cobra Jet:asshat:

topbliss

Reaction score
lol I am right down the street from there.. I may know the car but the cobra jet sticker don't ring a bell. I was not at the show over the weekend

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Im confused, the hot rod engine comes with the hot rod cams and if this engine is required to run a NHRA specd Cobra Jet then how is removing them legal? I am probably reading your response incorrectly though.

Stock eliminator rules allow any cam duration but no more lift than stock. So you could run the hotrods, but you'd be at a serious disadvantage compared to getting some appropriate cams ground to get the most out of it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back