My S197 Project build thread

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Now im not sure if I should of posted in the pics section but its a build page so mods move it if you need to :) I have been lurking on this site for the last few months and I must say im very impressed with the knowlege and info on here. So lets begin.... I bought my 05 Gt used with 20,000kms for $17,700 up here in Canada. I had an image in mind and I wanted to go ahead with it. The plan is to run 11's all motor with a stock bottom end. I know not many have done it.. but I am and have knocked a nice junk of pounds off the car. So here is a basic run down of the things I have been doing for the last month.

Im doing all the big money stuff first (suspension, hood, wheels etc)

I have bought already- Racecraft k-member, Sway bar delete, Bogart 15x3.5 and 15x10's, cervinis 2.5" hood, Ac delete, eibach springs, upr lower control arms, g- upper, sparco wheel and a few others I already forgot lol

For the performance parts this is the run down I will be running

-Mac 1 3/4 long tubes with off road power chamber
-Mac catback
-C&L cold air
-GT500 T-body
-BBK underdrives
-Ford racing hot rod cams
-Sct software of course
-Meizure (however you spell it lol) electric water pump

and after I run 11's hook up my Nx kit I have, with a 100-125 shot and hope for the best

enough talk heres my build enjoy :) limit of 20 pics a post so its going to take me another 10 mins to get them all up

The night I bought the car...

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

After a few hours peeling this stickers, roush louvers, rear wing and emblems off this is what the car looked like
smile.gif
thanks to my girlfriend It got done alot faster... well most of the time xD

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01067-1.jpg

Key to making this car quick is the weight loss. Here is the work I did inside the trunk. Removed all the sound detonating, spare tire and inner lining. sanded primed painted and clear coated
smile.gif
got the pant code off the car and went to napa got it in a aerosol can for $33
smile.gif
knocked off 43 pounds. I also added Seq tail lights

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

Final look :)
DSC01104.jpg

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well again time for some weight loss and a small bit of hp increase. I never ever use AC so why have it? Got a ford racing ac eliminator pulley and bracket. Fits like a champ uses same belt no bs. Now removing the complete ac system... ahaha thats another story. The intake had to come off to gain access to the firewall. Knocked off 33 pounds here. I know im missing some pics of the new bracket installed and what the engine bay looks like without all the ac lines etc but I will post them later :p

DSC01109-1.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

Yes I cover the ports right after the pic :p (upper had to come off to get to the ac lines on the firewall)

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

Well, these cars need to be lowered from there 4x4 stock ride height. We install 90% eibach pro kit here at the shop its a perfect drop and a smooth ride. But im 19 and a bit more bumpy isnt going to kill me so I opted for sportlines
biggrin.gif
slammed
wink.gif
also added The gt emblems back on and the rear medalion. Just test fitted the chin spoiler aswell
It is amazing how much better the car looks lowered.

I will have differnt springs for the track

DSC01157-1.jpg

DSC01156-1.jpg

Ok, next to save a few pounds and personally for me a way better feel. I got a sparco suade wheel and 05+ hub adapter. I get mixed emotions changing the steering wheel some say its to import but to me its smaller, lighter, and the suade will go with my Suade bucket corbeau seats. It looks a bit funny with the beige interior but that will be swapped for black before the car is finished. The "bolt on hub" was no where near bolt on.. I had to cut and drill multiple holes to clear sensors and tabs. In the end you loose the air bag, and radio controls. Not for the faint heart
smile.gif
The finally pic is a crappy one with a flash as you can see the steering wheel is black in the first pic I have to get a better shot. It is about 1" and a bit smaller in diamator compared to the factory wheel

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

The hub wasnt even close... missing 3 holes -_- so I went to work and made it happen. Not to mention the dinges in the centre.. apears someone used it and then sent it back to sparco and I got it >.<

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car looks so much cleaner already without all of that SHELBY and GT500 crap all over the car. The back looks good without the spoiler to. I was hoping the A/C delete would drop more weight then 33 lbs.

Last edited:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, she's a race car!

Best of luck with your goal; when do you plan on getting to the track?

What weight are you shooting for?

Apprec. all the photos...:beer:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Next came the 2.5" cowl and painted chin spoiler. I havnt put the mirrors on yet but I posted what they look like anyway
smile.gif
Also filled the holes in the trunk from the stock wing

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

Well with the holidays I spent alot of time with friends and family so I didnt get to work on the beast much. But I got around to it on monday. I decided to knock some more weight off
wink.gif
So I removed the front sway bar and brace and installed my sway bar delete and I also ditched the windsheild fluid tank (full)

Stock sway bar - 13lbs
Sway bar brace - 16lbs
Windsheild fluid tank (full) - 8lbs
Small plastic piece - 1lbs
total removed today= 38lbs

added the bar delete to hold rad + 3lbs

Grand total removed = 35lbs
biggrin.gif
what do you know.. all that little weight savings is starting to add up :p Oh and road race guys dont even start with me xD

heres some pics

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

Everything out... helps when a stand holds the rad for you while making thre swap lol
DSC01346.jpg

swap bushings over..
DSC01348-1.jpg

From this angle you can also see the ac delete
DSC01349.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01356.jpg

and thats all the pics for now :p

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
Wow, it looks 10x's better than it did when you got it. Good job! I'm loving all the weight savings going on here too.

Are you going to delete the PS too?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell, I have removed the front sway bar a long time ago, but never replaced the radiator / sway bar support. If the difference is 13 lbs, might as well do that.

Are you going to do put in a lightweight K-member to?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, she's a race car!

Best of luck with your goal; when do you plan on getting to the track?

What weight are you shooting for?

Apprec. all the photos...:beer:

its a street car :) will be cruising around every sat night in the summer lol.

Weight I would love it to be 3000 pounds without driver but we'll see.. I dont want to hack the car ither

I will be at the track in april when it opens.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell, I have removed the front sway bar a long time ago, but never replaced the radiator / sway bar support. If the difference is 13 lbs, might as well do that.

Are you going to do put in a lightweight K-member to?

yep, I bought the racecraft one its sitting in a box I just have to put it on when I do my long tubes

and to add to the ac thing, I wish it took more weight off too but it is what it is

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That lining it the trunk is that for sound deadning?

yes. It only weighed like 2-3 pounds when I put it all in a pile but the reason I did it was I wanted to paint it all nice when I gutted the trunk and it would look bad if I had painted over the deadning

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yep, I bought the racecraft one its sitting in a box I just have to put it on when I do my long tubes

and to add to the ac thing, I wish it took more weight off too but it is what it is

Racecraft has some nice stuff, expensive, but nice.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Good luck on your quest for 11s! :thumb:

And welcome out of the lurking shadows.

Back