Seatbelts/Driver Restraint System IHRA

forum member
Reaction score
What are you guys using for IHRA approved seat belts? Apparently, at my local track, I can run 7.35 without a roll bar but I need seat belts below 7.50. I have factory seats and the rule book says the crotch strap can go in front of the seat. How are you mounting the crotch strap? Also, can I keep the factory belts for street use and add Driver restraint for track duty?
Thanks.

Last edited:

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Technically the restraint system needs to be SFI 16.1 spec ... Not seeing where that system is .. At any rate you'd need to add the antisub belt for the Schroth Quickfit to make it a 5 point mount to be considered legal.

I used a 3/8" eyebolt and a snaphook for the antisub belt, and a couple 1/2" eyebolts and a D-links for the lap belts. Drilled holes and used 1/4" steel plates for floor reinforcement.

Attachments

• 3-8in_Eye_Bolt_AntiSub.jpg[1].jpg
    3-8in_Eye_Bolt_AntiSub.jpg[1].jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 1-2in_Eybolt_Lapbelt.jpg[1].jpg
    1-2in_Eybolt_Lapbelt.jpg[1].jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 15

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the Quick Fit Pro has provisions for a anti-sub belt, but I know the standard Quick Fit does not.

forum member
Reaction score
Technically the restraint system needs to be SFI 16.1 spec ... Not seeing where that system is ..

Update. I spoke to Schroth. They were very informative. As mentioned, Quick fit pro has provisions for an anti-sub belt. However, Schroth does not make any belts like that that are SFI spec.
Schroth said that for the anti-sub to work right, it can't go in front of the seat. Putting it in front of the seat meets some tech inpection but it is not SFI compliant.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Update. I spoke to Schroth. They were very informative. As mentioned, Quick fit pro has provisions for an anti-sub belt. However, Schroth does not make any belts like that that are SFI spec.
Schroth said that for the anti-sub to work right, it can't go in front of the seat. Putting it in front of the seat meets some tech inspection but it is not SFI compliant.

The NHRA/IHRA driver restraint rules are basically the same, both allow running the anti-sub belt over the front of the OEM seat.

A bigger question I see with that Quick Fit system is the shoulder straps mount too low .. They are supposed to be mounted no more than 4" below your shoulders to prevent compressing your spine in the event of a roll over..

Best thing to do is ask the track tech guy what he wants.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A bigger question I see with that Quick Fit system is the shoulder straps mount too low .. They are supposed to be mounted no more than 4" below your shoulders to prevent compressing your spine in the event of a roll over..

Not quite. The distance is not the requirement; the angle that the shoulder straps make is the requirement.

The Schroth Quick Fits do meet the angle requirements.

Back