Painted some interior parts to accent the body color

B

Boglin

What do ya think?

http://www.black-13.com/madtown/jpgs/interior_2.jpg

http://www.black-13.com/madtown/jpgs/interior_3.jpg

http://www.black-13.com/madtown/jpgs/interior_1.jpg

I went to my local body shop supply place (cleverly named Body Shop Supply) and had them mix up some Grabber Orange enamel and put it in spray cans. They tool the paint code off the door to make sure they mixed the correct color. It suprisingly only cost about $14 a can. It's a one-shot mix so there's no need to clear coat. I also picked up some spray cleaning prep, 400 grit sandpaper, and plastic adhesion promoter.

The part I was most worried about was taking the dash apart but that was super easy. Most of the pieces just pull off after a couple screws. Once I got it all apart I lightly sanded everything and cleaned it with the paint prep. Then I masked the areas off I didn't want painted and sprayed on the adhesion promoter. After about 20 minutes I shot the paint.

Like I said it's not flawless. I don't have a spray area and I didn't want to do it in the house so I did it in my garage. I vaccumed up as much dust as I could before I started but I still got some dust specks under the paint in some places. Also after the fist dusting I realized I needed to open the garage up or I was gonna gas myself, so it wasn't the most perfect area to shoot paint.

I feel that amount of color is just about enough. Some guys said I should do the dash areas but I think that would be too much. It's a pretty safe project because I figure worst case scenerio it gets scratched up over time and I go to a scap yard and pick up new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Looks good. Here are some pictures that Hardcore Mustang did on a customers car.

LucasCar008.jpg

LucasCar010.jpg

LucasCar009.jpg

B

Boglin

Yeah, I see what they did there. I was looking at that too. Much of the interior has that fake leather plastic texture but those pieces have a smooth texture. I dunno, I think I'll just stick with what I did. Maybe some orange welting around the door inserts.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
All I can say is that a person would really have to like orange or yellow a lot... :shock:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Just remember, it's the customer that ask for this. Hardcore Mustang just makes it happen.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I see what they did there. I was looking at that too. Much of the interior has that fake leather plastic texture but those pieces have a smooth texture. I dunno, I think I'll just stick with what I did. Maybe some orange welting around the door inserts.
I'd leave it how it is...don't want to overdo it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back